Lu Chen's card trick...

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Hmm, no offense but I wasn't amazed by this video at all.

Let me point out a few reasons why you should have not bothered posting at all:

1) He did not ask for your opinion.

2) Your opinion doesn't matter.

3) It also doesn't matter if you were amazed by the video or not; sharing the effect is the purpose of this post.

===

It's a very good effect; thanks for posting this!

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia

3) It also doesn't matter if you were amazed by the video or not; sharing the effect is the purpose of this post.

===

It's a very good effect; thanks for posting this!

Now let me point out a few reasons why you should have not bothered posting at all:

1) It's an open discussion forum about magic. You can post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules and is on topic.

2) The OP posted the link so he/she could:
a. share the magic
b. listen to what you have to say about it

3) If he/she didn't want your opinion about the content, he/she would have stated so. i.e. He/she didn't ask you not to post your opinion.

4) EVERYONE's opinion matters.

5) After ranting about why the poster above should not have posted his/her opinion, you went ahead and added your own opinion... What I could say to you about that would break the rules of this forum so I'll just keep my mouth shut for this bit...

Actually, I'll make it less profane and say:
"What the hell is wrong with you?"

:rolleyes:

Apr 28, 2008

When you post something on a public forum it is expected that people will give their opinions on it. If you don't want this to happen you shouldn't post it.

d34thg0d should have backed up why he didn't like it but he is entitled to have this view.

When somebody says it's a video of the 'most famous magicain in China' then you expect something good.

I thought the effect was OK, nothing particularly original. The performance was slightly sloppy in places, you could see him messing round lifting up cards at the back of the deck. This sort of thing ruins an effect as spectators will know you have done something.

He may be a great magician but you can't really see it in this clip.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Before I posted, I knew somebody would tell me to 'shut up'. I have my reasons for my previous post. As Squ!rrel said earlier on, when I read the title, I was expecting something great that would hit me hard. But instead, it wasn't what I expected. I'm sorry if my post made you mad, but as I posted earlier on, "no offense".

Sep 1, 2007
For those who are interested, the first phase is a routine from 5X5 Japan, under the name 'Double Shock' which of course can be similarly accomplished with Chris Kenner's 4For4 Switch or Aaron Fisher's Catching The Switch

Jul 19, 2008
Loved it! I have always enjoyed watching the Japanesse (cant spell) lol, anyway, chinese magicians. Their magic is beautiful, and this video is no exception. Chen does some nice stuff. I love watching Dr Sawa perform, he can make anything look like pure magic

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results