Magic For Real World Problems

Jun 23, 2008
bronx, ny
do you guys have any ideas on how to use magic for real world problems. for example if a cop is bothering me can i just lay down use control. or if I'm in a fight can i use the cards to defend myself. stuff like that.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
i really wouldnt suggest using magic to get past the law, thats just not what magic is for. However, for the card throwing thing, i think it could work. as long as you dont give them a sever injusry its fine, in my opinion. When i get xb2, i'm gonna practie card throwing till i can get it as quick and as powerful as i can, then when someone botthers me at school, i could just take out a card, throw its at a soft surface (like the ceiling cuz my school has like a syrafoam ceiling) and have it stick and say "You want that to happen to your head?" and they'll back off (hopefully).

Card throwing is good for short distances, but far enough that they can't interfere with your throw. And those things really do hurt, especially if you throw gift cards or holographic Pokemon cards. My friends and I have actually had card battles with those things; blood poured (literally).

Of course, then you're the weird guy who throws cards.

Throwing cards is actually sometimes as impressive as magic. When I throw one a good hundred feet or more I get reactions as good as when I do a decent card trick like Hand to Mouth. I love throwing cards at night; up, up, up it goes, then... gone.

Well i wouldn't reccomend using magic for these puposes because magic wasn't made for this magic was made for entertainment and that's it's sole purpose, although I can say if you watch the film Smokin' Aces you'll see the character 'Buddy' use a bit of card skill to get out of a tricky situation, that's all i'm saying though as i'll end upspoiling it otherwise :rolleyes: Oh and one more thing make sure your old enough to watch it because I don't want to get any stick from whoever saying "why has my son been watching violent films" and then me having to explain why :rolleyes:

Apr 28, 2008
do you guys have any ideas on how to use magic for real world problems. for example if a cop is bothering me can i just lay down use control. or if I'm in a fight can i use the cards to defend myself. stuff like that.

If a cop is bothering you then I would say Control is not the answer. I don't even know how you think that would help the situation.

If you can't win a fight without cards you probably won't win one with cards.

Although it doesn't really matter as I seriously doubt you're regularly in these situations. You're probably just some kid trying to look cool on the internet.

Apr 15, 2008
Cops: grip the deck firmly in your right hand, deep mechanics grip. Quickly move your right arm upwards and over your head. Throw the deck as hard as you possibly can, preferrably in the face.

Effectiveness: 5/5 (if the cop has previously been injured by a bazooka or such)

D

Deleted member 2755

Right now I have a REALLY big urge to go on about a rant about how stupid police are in my town... but I won't.... it's off topic. I want to though...

On topic though.... magic is a great ice breaker and a way to make people whom are in a bad mood in a great mood.

-Doug

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Cops: grip the deck firmly in your right hand, deep mechanics grip. Quickly move your right arm upwards and over your head. Throw the deck as hard as you possibly can, preferrably in the face.

Effectiveness: 5/5 (if the cop has previously been injured by a bazooka or such)

OMg i gotta try that out! *takes cards and bazooka and walks outside* 15 minutes later... *Inside the U.S. Federal prison* It didnt work! i want my money back!

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com

heyy! thats a different handling from the "cards to cops face" that i learnt.

If a cop is bothering you then I would say Control is not the answer. I don't even know how you think that would help the situation.

Although it doesn't really matter as I seriously doubt you're regularly in these situations. You're probably just some kid trying to look cool on the internet.

why so serious...?

haha, funny story, i actually almost caused a fight by throwing cards at people.
*THWACK.*
who the **** threw that!

Use Control to fool the cops, nurses, doctors, etc.
Use TnR to restore broken objects.
Use Witness to steal someone's sandwich right out of the bag and eat it!
Use Dangerous to convince people that you're dangerous and not to be messed with.
Use Panic to make the people you don't like slowly, visually melt away.
Use Prophet to become filthy rich.
Use Believe to make people believe you are a real wizard and become your faithful minions for eternity.

Have fun :)

Oct 8, 2007
"I say do Flow and let the water pour on his head, then amp up an Electric Touch and fry him, then suck all the iron out from his body with the M5 (think Magneto), or upgrade your M5 to an M16 and fill his body with bullet holes, then proceed to paint the town red... with his blood."

I remember suggesting those in a previous thread. ;)

I'm half serious about the Electric Touch though. Lots of possibilities. M5 too.
They were made for magic obviously, but you can do more with those than just tricks.

Nov 30, 2007
Don't throw cards anywhere near people. Honestly it is really dangerous if your throws are powerful. Also don't use them as a threat (I think I heard that earlier in this thread).

Cops are trained to take your pulse on your neck, thus making control obselete.

Don't throw cards anywhere near people. Honestly it is really dangerous if your throws are powerful. Also don't use them as a threat (I think I heard that earlier in this thread).
Ah at least theres some people with some sense in this thread, like honestly using control on a cop?? how in the world would that help....."im dead, do i still get a ticket??"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results