Magic for Theater

Sep 1, 2010
Los Angeles CA
Hello Ladies and gents, I come to you, once again although under a new username with a slightly more cultured question

I am Consulting on a production of Macbeth this upcoming december and as is tradition with Shakespeare we are breaking from tradition slightly and setting it in 1980's punk rock era scotland

that being said, i am in need for suggestions of magical pieces that can be inserted into the piece as seamlessly as possible, no introduction, no setup, it needs to look like REAL magic

so please, suggestions of all shapes and sizes are welcome, may I add our budget is limited so nothing too extravagant

Cheers!

Daniel Schaefer

OutlierINC

OutlierImagery.com

Sep 1, 2007
Antartica.
As a magician, actor and consultant for magic in the city of Chicago, I would request that you be more specific.

You need to break down at least the scene you want to highlight or at least the effect you would like to have on the audience i.e.- Macbeth decent into madness leading the audience to "not remember" the scene, etc. This will at least give us an idea of what you would like to do and give us a reference point to help.

As of now it seems like you are saying "I am consulting magic for a show so please tell me what will be perfectly fit in to any part of the show, make it seamless, and have it make sense. Please make sure that even though you dont know the overall theme of 'our' show, have it work. Also have it fit within our budget." I am also assuming that after we figure out what effects that will work within these criteria, you would like us to tell you how to do it as well...in a nutshell, you want us to do your job.

Sorry if that sounds rude, i do not mean it to come off that way.

Please give us more details into what scene you would like to accent with a bit of magic, and more about the look and feel of the show and we might be able to help you with your thought process.

Also, remember that Teller did a "magic" Macbeth show in New York a few years back. The reviews were mixed because though the magic was good, at some points it was presented the wrong way.

Always here to help so think about what you want and get back to us!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I agree with Scape Goat. You are a little vague. Can you please maybe describe what the "effect" is that you want to accomplish.
Which character would perform the "effect"? When? Where? How much time does he /she have?

This is all relevant to what suggestions are offered to you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results