Magic - Mentalism

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
There have been tons of threads about combining magic and flourishing but i am surprised that noone has ever asked about combining magic and mentalism in a performance.So yeah thats the topic
Can magic and mentalism be combined in a performance?

By the way can you reccomend any sources from which to learn some cold reading techniques ?

thanks a lot in advance

George

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Can magic and mentalism be combined in a performance?

George

I don't know.
How about going out and giving it a try for your next performance. :rolleyes:
I'm 100% sure it can be accomplished.

If you're asking for approval to do this, here's my advice.
Don't ask for approval, just do it. Who cares what other mentalists/magicians think about combining magic and mentalism.

It's better to try different things in magic and finding out how it works out for yourself, rather than asking someone elses opinion.
Everyone's different. What works for you might not work for someone else.
What effects did you have in mind anyway?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I agree with Danny on this one. Who cares what other people have done. Why does everyone have to follow the same path that has been traveled?

Be unique and make it work.
People would love mentalism and magic in the same performance.

Good luck and let us know.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
I don't know.
How about going out and giving it a try for your next performance. :rolleyes:
I'm 100% sure it can be accomplished.

If you're asking for approval to do this, here's my advice.
Don't ask for approval, just do it. Who cares what other mentalists/magicians think about combining magic and mentalism.

It's better to try different things in magic and finding out how it works out for yourself, rather than asking someone elses opinion.
Everyone's different. What works for you might not work for someone else.
What effects did you have in mind anyway?

i have actually combined the two. the last time i performed Torn and then a variation of Spread Vanish from d+M's BURN . A group of more than 20 people gathered around and i performed Luke Jermay's "Touching on Hoy " and then "For Andruzzi" [i actually did it !!!! i am happy!!] as a closer and everyone seemed to like the street "show".
However i tend to be overly critical of myself and i just couldn't stop thinking about it... "Did i confuse the audience?'' "did they really like it or was it me just being happy for succesfully performing For Andruzzi?''.........

thats what made me start a new THREAD

George

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results