Magic performance: JackpotMagic - Magic Cut

Nov 4, 2013
its good, and i have know way of knowing how you would do it for a real spectator, but i think asking them what ace they would like you to find would be nice. or do a magicians force, if that cant be done. (you picked the Ace of diamonds, great now ill find the spade because reasons) also i noticed one card pop up three times, and that was really suspicious. as magicians we notice these things far more than most, but an eagle eyed spectator might see it to. after the first "anywhere else and it would be wrong" thing, just don't show the cards again. spectators don't need the obvious pointed out to them, multiple times anyway.

anyway, its great, and Jason England has a download "dead cuts" i think it is. witch is basically this, but just a little bit more deceiving. all in all a good effect though.

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for your advise! We will try to improve certain things next time.
Btw you can watch the video in English by turning on the captions ( I didnt mencion that previously)
Thanks! :)

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
its good, and i have know way of knowing how you would do it for a real spectator, but i think asking them what ace they would like you to find would be nice. or do a magicians force, if that cant be done. (you picked the Ace of diamonds, great now ill find the spade because reasons) also i noticed one card pop up three times, and that was really suspicious. as magicians we notice these things far more than most, but an eagle eyed spectator might see it to. after the first "anywhere else and it would be wrong" thing, just don't show the cards again. spectators don't need the obvious pointed out to them, multiple times anyway.

anyway, its great, and Jason England has a download "dead cuts" i think it is. witch is basically this, but just a little bit more deceiving. all in all a good effect though.

This is Ed Marlo's Miracle Aces. Performed pretty much as it was published in Marlo's (now hard to find book), Faro Controlled Miracles.

MY advice:

You set up such dynamic lighting and such a dramatic intro, yet the performance wasn't 100% polished enough for such a setup. It was still GOOD, but with the intro and the lighting, I expected perfection. (At the 1:23 mark, when replacing the card, it slips off the deck). Obviously in a real world setting this wouldn't matter. But you set up your production and had multiple times to film this.

You do the routine well, don't get me wrong. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results