Magic performed with beer?

Jan 9, 2012
This may sound like an odd question, but..are there any effects that involve glass beer bottles? I'm curious, since it would be fun to perform magic for my dad and my brother if we're having a drink at dinner.

I remember seeing a clip of Wayne Houchin doing something where he bashed out the bottom of a bottle with his bare hand. Is anyone familiar with this?

Feb 4, 2008
Yeah that Wayne Houchin trick he does is an old physics thing. Hunt around for it and I am sure you can find it. Little messy though. Check out Alex Loredo's CAPtivated. Good effect, nice method.

Jan 9, 2012
@RickEverhart--I looked into this, and this effect has gotten amazing reviews by so many people. There was an 11-something page discussion on this trick on the Magic Cafe forums..people were raving about it.

This might be the answer I'm looking for! Is the setup difficult at all?

Jul 13, 2010
Any caan at any number.
Pfffft. You should see my signature effect with beer. I can vanish any amount of beer in a glass in no time (my ABIAG (any beer in any glass)). Forever.
Haven`t yet worked out how to reappear the beer. But I´m working on it ;)

Feb 4, 2008
Pfffft. You should see my signature effect with beer. I can vanish any amount of beer in a glass in no time (my ABIAG (any beer in any glass)). Forever.
Haven`t yet worked out how to reappear the beer. But I´m working on it ;)

That is easy....as soon as you "Beak the seal" it will be reappearing all night!

Jan 9, 2012
Just saw a trailer for 'Prohibition,' and yeah, they look identical from what I can see. It's a mind-blowing illusion, I have no idea..so cool.

Feb 4, 2008
I thought of another Alex Louredo effect with a beer bottle. When I went looking for it I found this...
http://www.penguinmagic.com/search.php?q=Alex+Lourido

It appears beer bottle effects are somewhat of passion for him! Anyways, no cap in bottle stuff there but if you are looking for variety there you go. I won't comment on any of them except CAPtivated which is quite good. Check reviews for the other stuff and troll the cafe' for more info.

cheers,

Jan 9, 2012
From what you guys have said, these two cap-in-bottle effects were mentioned:

1) Justin Miller's 'Caputured.'
2) Charlie Justice's 'Prohibition.'

For those of you that are familiar with these two effects, what are the pros and cons of each?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results