Magic problem , help ?

Jan 10, 2013
Romania , Arad
Hi guys ! My name is Razvan and i am a magician for almost 2 years , but in last 2 months , i didn't practice any magic trick because i had some important exams and i needed to study , but i exercisesd some flourishes , but that was occasionally , and now i don't fell like i felt before , when i was doing magic tricks , I don't have that "happiness" when i am doing it , i really love magic , and i don't wanna quit doing that.
So can you guys give me some advice for my problem ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Hi guys ! My name is razvan and i am a magician for almost 2 years , but in last 2 months , i didn't practice any magic trick becouse i had some important exams and i needed to study , but i exercisesd some flourishes , but that was occasionally , and now i don't fell like i felt before , when i was doing magic tricks , I don't have that "happiness" when i am doing it , i really love magic , and i don't wanna quit doing that.
So can you gusy give me some advice for my problem ?

Not to sound like a critical parent (but I will) you need to not worry about magic for a while and learn you English lessons. . . your spelling and grammar are atrocious and the first thing a magician must have is a command of language, so you really need to start there. The other thing I'll recommend is the book "Magic & Showmanship" leave the cards and practicing off to the side a bit longer and learn what's in that book first. It's a long, dry bit of copy but it is as much if not more important than learning the other and right now you need to train your brain to see and understand proper sentence structure and how to spell words and use the correct spelling of the word you wish to use; there's a huge difference between there, their and they're for an example. . . and btw. . . it is "Feel" not "fell". . . the latter means to fall. Becouse is Because and I'm certain your spell check underlined that in red but you ignored the fact. Magician's can't afford to be lazy and when it comes to the words we use and how. . . even when typing, is that we rely on them for getting the gigs; you will have to learn how to type up presentations for perspective clients and if you don't write at a 6th grade or higher reading level, you'll come off as a fool and competent and I'm betting that's not what you want to be known as.

Sorry for being so hard on you but it's only because I want to see you do better for yourself and what you do in life and too, I love magic and show biz far too much to allow this sort of thing to go by, so please take it in the spirit it's meant in.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Not to sound like a critical parent (but I will) you need to not worry about magic for a while and learn you English lessons. . . your spelling and grammar are atrocious and the first thing a magician must have is a command of language, so you really need to start there. The other thing I'll recommend is the book "Magic & Showmanship" leave the cards and practicing off to the side a bit longer and learn what's in that book first. It's a long, dry bit of copy but it is as much if not more important than learning the other and right now you need to train your brain to see and understand proper sentence structure and how to spell words and use the correct spelling of the word you wish to use; there's a huge difference between there, their and they're for an example. . . and btw. . . it is "Feel" not "fell". . . the latter means to fall. Becouse is Because and I'm certain your spell check underlined that in red but you ignored the fact. Magician's can't afford to be lazy and when it comes to the words we use and how. . . even when typing, is that we rely on them for getting the gigs; you will have to learn how to type up presentations for perspective clients and if you don't write at a 6th grade or higher reading level, you'll come off as a fool and competent and I'm betting that's not what you want to be known as.

Sorry for being so hard on you but it's only because I want to see you do better for yourself and what you do in life and too, I love magic and show biz far too much to allow this sort of thing to go by, so please take it in the spirit it's meant in.

To be fair Craig, much as I agree with every point you've made as a general rule, the OP is from Romania, so maybe his spelling and grammar are perfect in his mother tongue. By the way, it amused me, and I only mean this in a gently humorous way, so please don't take it as an attack, that your clarion call to correct English contained a misplaced apostrophe in "Magician's can't afford...", "prospective" spelt as "perspective" and "competent" when you meant the opposite. I find it's always the way when I'm trying to correct someone's spelling or grammar. I've no doubt I've made several errors myself in this post!

In answer to you, xmagic, my advice would be to watch as many magic performances as you can. You'll be inspired by the great ones and infuriated into action by the not-so-great ones. Also, if possible, try and meet up with other magicians in your area. When magic becomes a social activity as much as a private passion, it will begin to feel less futile and you'll be able to recapture the enthusiasm that first got you into the art.

Aug 3, 2013
Singapore
You should not be forcing yourself to like magic. It seems to me that magic is just your hobby. So do it when you feel like it. One question. Do you actually go out and perform magic or just sit at home practicing it? Seems to me like you have just kept practicing until you got bored. =(

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results