magic with borrowed items

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
Hi everyone

I was wondering if you guys could give me so book titles on books that lets you do magic with the spectators items instead of us magicians taking out cards and other items that they never seen before. I'd like to start this kind a magic since the spectator will be familiar with his or her own objects, but I have no idea where to look or start.

Aug 17, 2010
Bobo's Modern Coin Magic (or any coin magic resource really)
Jay Sankey's Anytime Anywhere
Gregory Wilson's On The Spot
Stars of Magic for the watch steal (and a ton of good magic on top of that)

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Any book that can teach you general sleight of hand (Vanishes, palming, productions...) for various objects will give you the tools you need. You probably already own a book containing many of the moves needed, you just need to get around to adapting the moves from coins/cards/billiard balls to everyday objects. Start palming different things you come in contact with.

Also, the Paddle move can be used quite effectively for pens/pencils, erasing the No.2 off of a pencil or vanishing the clip of a mechanical pencil (and tossing it back on) are great quick tricks.

The above post has some great suggestions (Though I don't own On The Spot) that should get you started.

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
thanks guys. this helps me out a LOT. JButterfield thanks for telling me about these; I would have never thought of a coin magic book. And could you also tell me the author of Stars of Magic. RikAllen thanks. Now I need to practice the paddle move.

Nov 27, 2009
Stars of Magic was originally published as a series of lessons, similar to the Tarbell Course. Contributors included Dai Vernon, Slydini, Scarne, Ross Bertram, Dr. Daley, and a few others. The current edition is published by Meir Yedid Magic and can be found on Amazon, Dan and Dave's website, and probably many other places.

Stars of Magic is one of my favorite books because everything in it is extremely practical, well thought out, and proven effective. One of my favorite things to do is link Dr. Daley's Itinerant Pasteboards with Francis Carlyle's Homing Card. (Why did I just give that out? Oh yea, I'm a nice guy.) Those two tricks work perfectly together and are found in Stars of Magic. That's cards though...

Ross Bertram has a couple of good coin tricks, and Scare's ball routine can done with torn paper napkins. There's a ton of info in Stars of Magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results