Magician Skateboarders?

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys,

I was just wondering who here likes to rip? For all you non-skaters I mean who here likes to skate.

I just started skating a few weeks ago and it's so much fun. Got any tips for a beginner who can semi-ollie and semi-shuvit?

David

Curbs. Endless fun, and a good place to start since you can find them in many different heights. Easiest thing to do is skate up and just stall like a grind. From there you can pivot to a tail stall, ollie off, lots of stuff. Another fun thing is to skate at it and ollie from really far back turning 90 degrees in the air and stall, just keep going from further and further back.

Ive always lived in apartments so we used to also just go by the dumpster and grab stuff to ollie over (once speed bumps get boring). Stuff like lamp shades, boxes, whatever you can find.

Either way just keep skating, like magic it takes practice.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
good to see some peeps out there starting skating... my main tip is to try and skate to music, its gets you more pumped up basically... also, if at first you dont succeed, try again for several hours.... thats how i learnt to pop shovit a few years back, 4 hours straight (no exaggeration), on my crappy concrete section next to my garage, i finally got my shuvs... anyway i always find that pop shoves and ollies should be learnt moving, not standing still as its a completely different ball game...

funny you should mention skating, as tonite is my mates 'lock in' at bones skatepark (big indoor park in stocky) and basically they give you the place from 10pm till 1am to jam in with your mates, stick your music on and use the whole park (upstairs, downstairs, the vert, deathwall, bowl, streets, movable kickers and rails etc... :D) its so cool but costs a lot!!!

i havent skated in a month or so, coz of winter, so ill be a little rusty but i should be tre flippin' the banks again in no time! :)

Unfortunately we dont have an OT forum so... Since we are magicians that also skateboard, Im gonna assume david wants to do magic while skating down the street. Right? That would be how it relates. I guess...

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I was just wondering who here likes to rip? For all you non-skaters I mean who here likes to skate.

Right here. (And, uh, real skaters don't say "rip"... except ironically.)

I just started skating a few weeks ago and it's so much fun. Got any tips for a beginner who can semi-ollie and semi-shuvit?

Don't be afraid. Try every trick you think of, even if you don't have a clue how to do it, and don't be afraid you'll get hurt or look stupid.

Well, be reasonable, and don't do things that might... you know, kill you. But don't worry about sprains and twists and needing a couple stitches. Just do it.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
i wouldnt recommend any stitches in the facial area, dont worry, ill put up a review later :) but seriously dont go mad just get the basics down... also maybe wear a gumshield as i should.... :D

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
well last night was 'magic' ;)

but seriously one of the best nights of my life, bunch of 15 year olds, listening to NWA while skating round topless in an empty park with a large gymnast mat to flip off the ramps into....

we got so much footage and it was such a laff, no one even got injured! (though im scarred for life after my 'burly' male friend got his tits out... lol!) and the skating, considering i hadnt skated for a couple of months, was mint, with fakie tres, fakie heels, frontside flips on the bank and ollies over my half naked mate lying on his stomach covered in toilet roll and a 'slippery when wet' sign.... thank god i didnt hit him...

stay beatiful, and im lovin the picture above this post, awesome shoes.... :D

My thoughts exactly.

Let's try and keep the thread as magic-related as possible, alright? :)

Good luck,

TDA

My favourite Magician Pair is Barry and Stuart...

I used to skate all the time, havnt for a while though.
Year 11 and 12 at High School though constantly, used to be so much fun.
Im almost 21 now though so have given it up and focusing on my career, and magic.
Some of the best days of my life though.

They are great.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Wow thanks for all the replies guys. I was at my buddy's house skating for a couple hours straight.

I got my ollie down pretty solid and I can almost pop shuvit. We waxed down one of his curbs and had a sick time stalling and attempting to boardslide on it.

Peace,

David

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
good to hear your practicing, im getting back into it now its sunny again, we skate down to salford from manc and do THE nicest six set in the world. ever. lol maybe not, but its so nice, perfect length and high :D

oh nad yeh so i was saying, lets keep this thread magic related, yeh um.... my digital dissolve should finally arrive tomoz... :) (fingers crossed)

To add to the magic/skating topic. If you want to skate with cards in your pocket use the porper clip. I feel confident that if I were to fall both my cards and the clip would still be perfect.

J

Jake Samways

I skate all the time. It's so fun. I'm not looking to go pro or anything, but I skate alot. I'm sponsored by Zero and Adio. Represent.

Anthony Bass

Love Adio shoes! Hook me up Anthony :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results