Magician vs Magician: Patrick Kun vs Shin Lim

Feb 18, 2014
Hello everyone! About a week ago I made a post of weekly magician vs magician. The community seemed to like the idea so here it is.

This is basically going to be every Friday I will pick two magicians and Im going to compare and contrast them and give opinions on who I like better and why. Also please leave suggestions for next week on who I should choose for the next topic. This is going by the tricks they release as well as their style, what they have done for magic, etc. Here is the first one I hope you all enjoy it! ( Please leave your opinions down to, and remember its opinion Im not strictly saying that this magician is better than this one)

Patrick Kun has an amazingly visual style of magic. His sleights are ridiculously elegant, he makes some of the hardest sleights look easy. What I specifically love is that his tricks are impromptu, I have all of his products and Im pretty sure only one of his effects use gimmicks ( snowblind from patrified dvd) His card magic is so visual and eye popping and he always involves spectators which is so important in magic. His performances are fantastic, he is overall a great magician who creates sleight of hand based tricks! He also actually performs what he releases and refines the tricks for years, he doesn't just release tricks for pay.

Shin Lim also has a very visual style of magic. He is a good performer with a very creative mind. I really don't perform all of his tricks, but I do like them. I dislike the fact that most of his tricks involve gimmicks. I personally only like to carry gimmicks that fit in my wallet. ( I do street and walk around magic) His releases such as SSS, and the vanishing are very impractical in my opinion. The gimmick is complex and not worth it to me. I just would never really use these things. Some tricks I like from him are the switch and 52 shades of red. They are good for close up or stage. Shin Lim is creative but I think once in a while he need to be careful about his releases and not make them so complex with weird gimmicks, keep it simple.

Final Thought- PK and SL are both have a very visual style in their magic. I just think PK has an easier type of visual magic that doesn't require gimmicks but it looks like a gimmick trick. SL, dont get me wrong I think he is a fantastic magician but I just don't like all the work and gimmicks you need to perform the trick, his stuff is just to much for me. Please keep in mind this is strictly opinion.

Winner- Patrick Kun

Please feel free to share your thoughts below! Thanks for the support I hope this can continue :) Maybe there will be Videos soon? Lets see what comes :D

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
Hello everyone! About a week ago I made a post of weekly magician vs magician. The community seemed to like the idea so here it is.

This is basically going to be every Friday I will pick two magicians and Im going to compare and contrast them and give opinions on who I like better and why. Also please leave suggestions for next week on who I should choose for the next topic. This is going by the tricks they release as well as their style, what they have done for magic, etc. Here is the first one I hope you all enjoy it! ( Please leave your opinions down to, and remember its opinion Im not strictly saying that this magician is better than this one)

Patrick Kun has an amazingly visual style of magic. His sleights are ridiculously elegant, he makes some of the hardest sleights look easy. What I specifically love is that his tricks are impromptu, I have all of his products and Im pretty sure only one of his effects use gimmicks ( snowblind from patrified dvd) His card magic is so visual and eye popping and he always involves spectators which is so important in magic. His performances are fantastic, he is overall a great magician who creates sleight of hand based tricks! He also actually performs what he releases and refines the tricks for years, he doesn't just release tricks for pay.

Shin Lim also has a very visual style of magic. He is a good performer with a very creative mind. I really don't perform all of his tricks, but I do like them. I dislike the fact that most of his tricks involve gimmicks. I personally only like to carry gimmicks that fit in my wallet. ( I do street and walk around magic) His releases such as SSS, and the vanishing are very impractical in my opinion. The gimmick is complex and not worth it to me. I just would never really use these things. Some tricks I like from him are the switch and 52 shades of red. They are good for close up or stage. Shin Lim is creative but I think once in a while he need to be careful about his releases and not make them so complex with weird gimmicks, keep it simple.

Final Thought- PK and SL are both have a very visual style in their magic. I just think PK has an easier type of visual magic that doesn't require gimmicks but it looks like a gimmick trick. SL, dont get me wrong I think he is a fantastic magician but I just don't like all the work and gimmicks you need to perform the trick, his stuff is just to much for me. Please keep in mind this is strictly opinion.

Winner- Patrick Kun

Please feel free to share your thoughts below! Thanks for the support I hope this can continue :) Maybe there will be Videos soon? Lets see what comes :D

Again, this is a flawed bout of Magician v Magician.

Shin Lim releases gimmick heavy effects. Patrick does not...comparing the two is like comparing a car vs a motorcycle.

Maybe if you would have compared Shin vs say Dan Hauss, who also has gimmick heavy effects...that would be a more valid "battle".

Again, just my 2 cents. :)

Feb 18, 2014
Again, this is a flawed bout of Magician v Magician.

Shin Lim releases gimmick heavy effects. Patrick does not...comparing the two is like comparing a car vs a motorcycle.

Maybe if you would have compared Shin vs say Dan Hauss, who also has gimmick heavy effects...that would be a more valid "battle".

Again, just my 2 cents. :)

Yea your right! That would be a good idea! Thanks Mike, I just hope this thread kicks off haha!

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
With a little more thought, this might be a great thing to do on this forum because we're getting info on the type of magic these magicians do as well as promoting them and their products in a subtle yet effective way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results