Making Your Own Invisible Deck

Aug 8, 2014
Nashville, TN
Hello Guys,
I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience making their own Invisible Deck. I had made 3 attempts so far. First one was an epic fail, although it know makes a pretty cool paperweight. Second one was awesome. I love it. Its perfect and doesn't flash unless I want it to. Third one came out perfect as well. Check out my video on my second attempt. I am also going to try and make my fourth attempt on the Theory 11 Monarch Deck. Please tell me your experiences, thoughts, ideas and opinions.
[video]http://youtu.be/cRNJAtI74ms?list=UU6qyQFWVlilz_J3kiNG4D0Q[/video]

Jul 6, 2014
I use the krylon matte finish 1311 i believe it is called. You really don't need much of, 1 spray per card. Mismag on youtube has a good tutorial on making them, check it out. Efficient

Jul 6, 2014
they're fairly cheap, so if you dont want to bother making one and have some money, you could buy one. Depends really. Its always good to learn to make one in my opinion.

Mar 6, 2012
My character on stage is a nerd. I have a routine in my stage show where I bring out 52 different decks of cards and introduce myself as a nerd by saying I collect these. I have some one name any card and choose a deck that call out to them. BAM!!! A card is face down and its the one they named. I use 52 invisible decks on stage. I find it easier to make them with the matte finish and not drop a heavy twenty dollars on just one.

Jul 6, 2014
well, invisible decks are not 20 dollars a piece. They're usually 10 bucks or less from what I've seen. I do prefer making them though.

Nov 23, 2014
You should also have a look at Harry Robson's Roughing Stick. For me personally, this is so much better than spray as it doesn't get messy.

Reactions: Tricky Fingers
Nov 12, 2014
They're very much cheaper than $20. Anyone would prefer to make them themselves. One of the best things to try your hand on, even if you fail, the loss is less than what a single sinner costs.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I also use the Krylon Matte Finish 1311 to create my own invisible decks. A big advantage with making your own is that you aren't limited to the common decks that other sellers often make them in. As someone who uses mostly custom decks, I find that there is an increased chance of someone suspecting that your cards are gimmicked when you suddenly pull out some standard Bicycles. A great tip is to have matching decks; one normal, on invisible. That way a natural pocket switch will make it seem even more impossible, especially if you already let your spectator handle & shuffle the normal cards. Most importantly, you can do all this while using a deck design that you prefer. The Matte Finish is a cheap investment with a big return. Haven't heard of Harry Robson's Roughing Stick, but I'll check it out. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results