Media magic

Apr 29, 2012
Hey guys, so I was just thinking, magic has been a hot topic in the medias lately. Hopefully medias is the right word, probably not. Anyways, magic has come up in several shows on animation domination( simpsons, Cleveland show, that kind of thing). The burt wonderstone movie, now you see me, the illusionist, the prestige, are some magic movies I can come up with. But What I was wondering is if magic is being portrayed nicely, or if it is being misrepresented. I think it goes both ways, but I would like to hear some of your opinions.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Hey guys, so I was just thinking, magic has been a hot topic in the medias lately. Hopefully medias is the right word, probably not. Anyways, magic has come up in several shows on animation domination( simpsons, Cleveland show, that kind of thing). The burt wonderstone movie, now you see me, the illusionist, the prestige, are some magic movies I can come up with. But What I was wondering is if magic is being portrayed nicely, or if it is being misrepresented. I think it goes both ways, but I would like to hear some of your opinions.

You are absolutely right when you say that it is popping up more and more over television and the movies. Magic has been one of those hobbies that usually is reserved for the less socially active (but not always) so it is easy to single it out and poke fun a bit. They do it with all sorts of things - Star Trek, Star Wars, Comic Books, etc. - but it is just something to gain a quick laugh. I always like laughing at myself when someone throws out a magician joke when I enter the room. Before I proposed to my wife, everyone was like "Are you going to make the ring appear from behind her ear?" Is this nice? Maybe not, but I just join in the joke and get a good laugh out it myself. Is it misrepresentation... I love going to my local magic clubs (SAM and IBM) and I would have to say that it isn't too far from the truth.

PS - "Medias" wouldn't really be the right word, I would go with the singular "Media"

micheal123

Banned
Jul 25, 2012
Media have great role showing in our daily life. Media alerts us by new updates. Which we cannot know. Media told clearly. That enormous and fastidious. Media works like magic….No doubt.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results