Mentalism Help

Zac

Oct 21, 2007
Appalachia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys I've been roped into doing an actually show (something I'm still in the air about), but regardless I need a little help. I'm generally a close up guy, but I feel I can transition a routine to the stage rather easily.

My problem lies herein, I've recently noticed the effects I get the best reactions from are generally mentalist effects.

So I'd really like to preform this one effect I saw a while back, where the guy had the audience write things on a pieces of paper. He then blindfolded himself 3 or 4 times, and made predictions off of the pieces of paper. Anyone know where I can get this effect, or something similar?

Also any ideas on the rest of the routine would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking about doing Gazzo's Tossed Out Deck for one, after that I'm still in the air. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
My first suggestion would be to not learn new effects just for the show. I would do what you already know. This way you are more comfortable with it, and know you have practiced a good bit.

How big is the audience going to be? This will help to figure out what may be good for you to perform.

-ThrallMind

I agree with the previous poster. I can say from experience that it wouldn't be wise to learn a mentalism effect for an upcoming show. Especially a mentalism effect. Mentalism effects take A LOT of work on presentation and performance. Therefore, if I were you, I would perform something that you are comfortable with and that you know like the back of your cookie.

You'll get far better reactions.

Mitchell

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I agree with the previous poster. I can say from experience that it wouldn't be wise to learn a mentalism effect for an upcoming show. Especially a mentalism effect. Mentalism effects take A LOT of work on presentation and performance. Therefore, if I were you, I would perform something that you are comfortable with and that you know like the back of your cookie.

You'll get far better reactions.

Mitchell

We are gonna be seeing a lot of your hunger finding outlet into your posts now, aren't we?

-ThrallCookie

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results