Miller Shift Variation Feedback

Jan 20, 2009
California
It looks cool but NO way would i ever use it. because the movement
during the shift. laymen may not know what happend they still know SOMETHING happend.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
thanks for your comments :)

laymen may not know what happend they still know SOMETHING happend.
you're completly right, but that is the case for every table shift (atleast every I know)
doesn't matter if its a pass or a hop, if you burn the hands during the move you will always see "something"
thats why table shifts are usually once a night moves that you would do later at the night after you got everyone at the table used to picking up the cards in the same manner as you do with the shift

Jan 20, 2009
California
There are plenty of shifts that can be done with with no odd movement.
Not sure if you had a chance to read arthur buckley's card control or even
watch steve forte's video. there is alot of stuff in there that does not look odd.
even marlo has some really good stuff. like i said it looks cool. but not something i
would use in fast company.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
Not sure if you had a chance to read arthur buckley's card control or even
watch steve forte's video. there is alot of stuff in there that does not look odd.
yeah watched the gambling protection series
in fact my last sentence was almost a complete quote of steve fortes conclusion on table shifts, maybe you wanna re-watch those tapes ;)

There are plenty of shifts that can be done with with no odd movement.
im really interested now

Jan 20, 2009
California
I dont need to i Know what works and what does not. anyways you asked for feedback
and i gave it. maybe forte needs to re-watch his tapes. he was the one arrested for
cheating. and im not sure if you ever hustled for money? i did it for 3yr. and have learnd
what to do and not to do.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
no need to get angry or to insult anyone
im still interested in the "plenty" of shifts that don't have any odd movement

maybe forte needs to re-watch his tapes. he was the one arrested for
cheating
neither you nor me should talk about something like that, because we both DON'T know what happened there

anyways you asked for feedback
and i gave it
Yes I did and Im thankful
and then I illustrated my point of view, and you said Im wrong without proofing it, whereas I atleast mentioned the source I got it from

Jan 20, 2009
California
I will be the first to admit alot of the gambling move look great
and are cool to play with but only a select few will you use. at a table.

Jan 20, 2009
California
you got a point there. have you tried practicing
the one handed shift. or draw shift? when done well
you wont see it. or even using a breather crimp. to
nulify the cut.

Jun 10, 2010
I dont need to i Know what works and what does not. anyways you asked for feedback
and i gave it. maybe forte needs to re-watch his tapes. he was the one arrested for
cheating. and im not sure if you ever hustled for money? i did it for 3yr. and have learnd
what to do and not to do.

He was never convicted.

For those wondering how the court systems work in the US - even if you're found innocent at trial, to even be brought to trial (or even have your case reviewed by a jury for indictment), you are arrested.

Charges were dropped on Forte. And to my knowledge, he's never actually pulled the moves at a table - atleast, that's what I see people say. I have no idea, to be honest.

Jun 10, 2010
you got a point there. have you tried practicing
the one handed shift. or draw shift? when done well
you wont see it. or even using a breather crimp. to
nulify the cut.

What one-handed shift are you referring to? And what's the draw shift?

As far as shifts go, there's only two I know of for a fact that have been used on the table. One of them is Doc's shift. Joey, you should be able to find the basics of it somewhere on the Cafe (probably in Secret Sessions, if you have access to it). The only other one I've ever heard about being used is Joe Artanis' one hand shift, but I'm not too sure of the context it's been used it - so I'm talking out my ass on that one.

EDIT: My first two questions may seem a bit harsh in nature - I didn't intend for that. I'm legitimately curious (no sarcasm and whatnot intended).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 20, 2009
California
they are both written up in card control (arthur buckley)
you can find them alot more detailed in marlo' book marlo with out tears.
as for the one's you are refering to im not sure if i have seen them or not.
maybe i have but did not not the name. i will look them up and see.

Jun 10, 2010
they are both written up in card control (arthur buckley)
you can find them alot more detailed in marlo' book marlo with out tears.
as for the one's you are refering to im not sure if i have seen them or not.
maybe i have but did not not the name. i will look them up and see.

I believe the draw shift you're referring to is "The switch at draw poker", but I may be wrong. I'll check on that later.

I don't own the Marlo book you are referring to.

Doc's shift can be seen in his expose video. The only video I have seen of the Artanis shift is on the Fast Company DVD set.

Jan 20, 2009
California
Both these shifts are used to restore the cut. if you
get a chance pick up arthur buckleys book, if you dont have it.
there is some good stuff. on doc's shift it is very clean. i really like it.
i have not had a chance to see the fast company dvd set.

Jun 10, 2010
Both these shifts are used to restore the cut. if you
get a chance pick up arthur buckleys book, if you dont have it.
there is some good stuff. on doc's shift it is very clean. i really like it.
i have not had a chance to see the fast company dvd set.

I've got the Buckley book, but I haven't extensively read it. I'll check out the shift later. Doc's shift is a variation on the Frank Thompson shift, if you weren't already aware. And the Fast Company set is AMAZING - great teaching.

Jun 10, 2010
There's plenty of crticism here but i liked it alot.

Most of the conversation on this thread wasn't actually criticism. There isn't much to say. In fact, I'd LOVE any tips Joey can drop by, as he seems to have fixed quite a few angle problems, seeing as he does it from one of the worst angles to do it from on one of the two videos he linked us to.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results