Misdirection in Card Magic

Dec 29, 2008
hi everone,
i just want to ask....
if i need to palm a card....but i am afraid that i wll be caught.............
now i will ask them to shuffle..."CAN U DO THIS FOR ME??"
is it OKAY??

PLZ help me..=] THX

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Remember, the palm requires misdirection. Don't be nervous. If you're nervous, the spectator will notice. Contrary to popular belief, spectators are not circus chimps.

If you ask a spectator to shuffle (even better if they ask you) then hand, then try and bring the attention up to your face, your eyes, look at them - talk to them - tell them they can shuffle. Whilst you do this - palm the card. It doesn't have to be invisible; In fact, a palm is rarely invisible to a looking eye. But if you keep their attention elsewhere - all should be well ;)

G

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 29, 2008
Remember, the palm requires misdirection. Don't be nervous. If you're nervous, the spectator will notice. Contrary to popular belief, spectators are not circus chimps.

If you ask a spectator to shuffle (even better if they ask you) then hand, then try and bring the attention up to your face, your eyes, look at them - talk to them - tell them they can shuffle. Whilst you do this - palm the card. IT doesn't have to be invisible; In fact, a palm is rarely invisible to a looking eye. But if you keep their attention elsewhere - all shuld be well ;)

G

thx G!
i ll notice that

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
thx G!
i ll notice that

something i had been doing for a while [until i got totally comfortable palming] was this:
spec: "can I shuffle the cards?"
me: "of course but I want you to shuffle them in a specific way, like this... [at which point i would perform a variation of the butterfly cut or Sleepless].it is really simple all you need to do is split the deck in half then perform a charlier caut with each hand hold a break there twist the right hand packet a full 360 degrees and the left hand packet 180 degrees then drop the packets and finall do a thumb roll and you are done. can you do that?" [look them in the eyes]
spec: " umm...."
me: i took a step back and palmed the card " just kidding shuffle them however you like''

it actually works quite well but i stopped using it since now copping/palming cards is like a second nature to me

George

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Im bumping this thread because the topic is pretty good and we could have a good discussion here, I don't have time right now to write something extense but I will do it later on :).

The best way that always works.
Is just to talk and look them in the eye, everyone looks up when they want to remember something, so even if they 100% stare at the deck you will atleast get 5 full seconds to palm and they won't notice. I like to say "Do you remember your card, what did it look like, was it defective?"
And atleast once they look up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results