Mnemonica Help My Challenge to You all

Aug 25, 2012
I know I posted about to stack the other day and I needed help well now im back if you have read mnemonica and own the book or can look at it can I ask you to flip to page 16, stack set up help basically you deal all the cards out in a 4x4 until you run out of cards pretent we are looking left to right so imagine a 16 stack grid on the whole so look at the fourth column..

From top to bottom the numbers run 4, 3, 2, 1 now the one being 2nd down in the column goes to the last packet in column two but up to the first packet in column one; (I will use ";" to symbolize there being no more arrows pointing to another packet. So onwards to number "2" in the fourth column the arrow starts there then proceeds down to the bottom packet in the third column up to the first in the 2nd column and to the second packet in the first column; Number "3" in the last column "3" starts at the very bottom and moves to the first packet in the 3rd column and then to the third in the first column; Onto four starting at the very top in the fourth column it goes diagonal to the bottom left packet.. My question is this completely misses the four packets forming a square in the middle and i'm not sure what to do from there?

Mar 16, 2010
Hi ii3randonmagic,

The photo in the book is a bit confusing, so I made up a numbered example. Basically, following my image, pick up the packets in order:
AntiFaro.png

First set of four packets:
1 goes onto 2
The combined 1+2 goes onto 3
The combined 1+2+3 goes onto 4
This combined packet forms the bottom of the deck.

Second set of four packets:
5 goes onto 6
The combined 5+6 goes onto 7
The combined 5+6+7 goes onto 8
This combined packet is placed on top of the deck.

Third set of four packets:
9 goes onto 10
The combined 9+10 goes onto 11
The combined 9+10+11 goes onto 12

Fourth set of four packets:
13 goes onto 14
The combined 13+14 goes onto 15
The combined 13+14+15 goes onto 16

When Juan does the gathering, he picks up packets with both hands (odd numbered packets with his right hand, and even numbered packets with his left hand), making it look like he is randomly gathering them. It is amazing to see in action.

I hope that helps!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results