Mnemonica stack help

Jun 9, 2019
Hi, I know Mnemonica stack is great for magic and I am planning on learning it. I don't have a very good memory, so is there any tips, tricks, apps or ideas I should know before jumping into all of this? Thanks!

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
There are apps. Do you have Android or Apple or??? I'll see if I can remember which ones I liked if you have the same device type. Also, do you know what you want to do once you have learned the stack or are you just learning it because stacks are awesome?

Upham

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2017
I tried several aids to help me learn this stack.
-The memory arts by David & Sarah Trustman
-an app (cant remember the name)
-Scenic 52 by Jamie D Grant (this ebook made it very easy for me to learn the stack quickly in one afternoon)

Allthough Scenic 52 worked for me really well, it might not for you. Every brain is diffirent..
And like RealityOne said, the method in Mnemonica is also a very good one.
Buy the book if you dont have it, not only for the method of learning the stack, but for all the rest that is in there

Reactions: Josh Burch
Sep 20, 2009
Sometimes it is easier to create your own stack you can memorize using your own "trigger points" or whatever "keys" you need to remember it

Nov 6, 2017
For me, it was a combination of the points Juan suggests in his book (especially numbering each of the cards on front and back), and sheer repetition. It sucks now, but if you put in a solid week of work, your future self will thank you.

Reactions: DavidL11229

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I bought the Rick Lax Mnemonica trainer and had the stack memorized in a week.

Yeah, after listening through it once I had it downish in about an hour. I'm still working on it to make it more immediate but if you want to get the stack in your head quickly Rick Lax's Mnemonica Trainer is really good.

Reactions: Dustrod
Jun 24, 2013
I used some of Juan's methods from Mnemonica, combined with these apps:

IMG_6916.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 KB · Views: 138
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results