Model Releases for Videos.

Dec 5, 2016
Tennessee
tjfritts.com
I have looked through the media submission page and I didn't find/see anything about this so I thought it smarter to ask than to not do so and have my video pulled because of it.

Suppose I go to my local park to film a video and I ask a passerby to let me perform for them on camera. Do I need to get a model release from that person before uploading my video here on T11? If not for a regular media submission, what about for a marketplace video submission?

Thanks,
TJ.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hey TJ,

theory11 does not need these, but if you are using any video, audio, or photography that features another person you probably should collect and retain release forms for that person. Release forms protect YOU. theory11 does not own the copyright to your video product, you do, and as a result you are liable for what it contains. A best practice would be to always ensure you have release forms on you when filming and to have all participants fill them out. This would be a good practice for any videos you plan to distribute at all, even to YouTube or the media section.

// L

Reactions: Maverick85
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results