Mojoe by John Kennedy

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
This is my first review so here we go.
I'm making this because I've spent the last month waiting for a review and there hasn't been on so I got this and thought I'd be the first.

DVD
It comes with an instructional DVD nothing special, no menus or bonus features it just loops continuously, no speacial ots views, very straight forward, clearly tought, precise and to the point.

the gimmick

this thing is ingeniously made. I can't say enough about how much work, thought, and detail went into it. It will last you a long time (if you take good care of it possibly indefenately) jk in my opinion has outdone himself in making the gimmick.

Prep

depending which version is used set up time varies in any instance once you've practiced the set up it shouldn't take more then a minute. That is the hardest part of the trick once you have it set up it takes none to very basic sleight of hand to pull this off.so you can really focus on the presentation of thetrick. It can also be preped with any opaque liquid (coke,milk, hot coco).

Clean up
The version which is shown in the demo doesn't end clean(can't have them
examine the cup) but if there's a garbage near by (you throw the cup away) clean up is relatively easy. Most of the versions end clean though. An example of a version that ends clean would be the version where he covers the top of the cup with a napkin, waves removes the napkin and the drinks completely gone.

Reactions
INSANE reactions with this trick.

Overall for what it is and how well thought out it is 10/10

if I missed anything or if there's any questions feel free to ask I'll answer to my best ability.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
one question: can you do this to a regular drink? Take for example, I fill a styrofoam cup with some coffee. I'm sitting next to a friend in study hall, and I want to share a piece of strange with him. Could I do this to a regular beverage? I don't mind setting up, but could I do this with an ordinary cuppa joe that I apply the gimmick to?

edit: sorry I forgot, I just want to say thanks for the great review.

Sep 1, 2007
I believe it's meant to work with any opaque liquid.

I think he meant can it be done with any cup? And with a set up, as long as you have the gimmick with you, can it be set up then? Or is it an at home set up then walk around with it

~Beans

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I'm going to take the plunge for this tomorrow when I get my check..along with some shweet LIT refills.

I was reading a topic themagiccafe and here is what Marc Spelmann layed down.

"Received mine a couple of days ago and absolutely floored my friend. We regularly have brainstorming sessions and he always brings me my large skinny latte with an extra shot. Well this time round I had kept my cup from an earlier visit. Set it up in 20 seconds and performed Mojo..

His jaw dropped.. Remember he believed it was the coffee he had just brought in. Mojo like all of Johns wonderful effects is well made and is easy to do and above all else is very visual..

The other ideas on the DVD are great, the demo only shows one presentation..

Good thoughts

MS"

So from what I am hearing it looks like something that doesn't take too strenuous of a setup.

With an effect like this I wouldn't worry about being too perfect or turned off not actually being able to borrow a cup.

I'm just excited about the handlings for being able to end clean haha, who the heck wouldn't want to see that cup?

Jan 15, 2010
Sorry for this stupid question :(

So that whole cuppa coffee or coke or anything will be gone? =(

Meaning a cup of nice warm starbucks coffee will be wasted? :(

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
one question: can you do this to a regular drink? Take for example, I fill a styrofoam cup with some coffee. I'm sitting next to a friend in study hall, and I want to share a piece of strange with him. Could I do this to a regular beverage? I don't mind setting up, but could I do this with an ordinary cuppa joe that I apply the gimmick to?

edit: sorry I forgot, I just want to say thanks for the great review.

I think if you used a styrofoam cup it would have to be a large size one I don't know if the gimmick would work in a small size styrofoam cup.

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Sorry for this stupid question :(

So that whole cuppa coffee or coke or anything will be gone? =(

Meaning a cup of nice warm starbucks coffee will be wasted? :(

You don't really have to waste any coffee.

Over the last 2 days I've performed this 10 or so times. It's such a great opener for street magic or if you just want to show somebody somthing. I use the crush cup version and It works everytime. If your still thinking about buying it stop thinking and just buy it. Here's a cool scenerio for you guys imagine going into an interview for your next gig with a cup of coffee. The interview goes perfect they ask you to do somthing and you do mojoe and blow their minds. When I perform it I have the specs put their hands ontop and below my hands as I turn the cup upside down and crush it. It's also great that if you use fresh coffee they can see the steam and you can drink some of it before you do the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2009
I have mojoe sinca 1 month and I have to say that it is of course a cool effect, but it doesnt fit to me. you have to prepare an extra cup which is your "mojoe". You cannot do this preperation in front of your audience.
but I think for some people it could be a really shocking cool effect!

hduarte1

Elite Member
Jul 2, 2008
Akatsuki Hideout
I have mojoe sinca 1 month and I have to say that it is of course a cool effect, but it doesnt fit to me. you have to prepare an extra cup which is your "mojoe". You cannot do this preperation in front of your audience.
but I think for some people it could be a really shocking cool effect!

I've had it for a month as well and I've done it for my friends and family, it just leaves you fishy with the method on the demo.

I'm trying to come with a way to ditch the gimmick but as of now I think people are over rating this trick... it does look cool and the gimmick is ingenious but in my opinion it does need some more work on the after the crush, I would like to end more clean. John does give us a few tips on ways to ditch the gimmick but I personally don’t like them it doesn't fit me using those tips.

But final thought, cool effect and cool gimmick but it wasn't ready to be released... over rated and over priced. Sorry John great gimmick though.

HD

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
But final thought, cool effect and cool gimmick but it wasn't ready to be released... over rated and over priced. Sorry John great gimmick though.

HD

Seriously... it's the people [the customers] who overrate everything. Take Paul Harris' 'LITTLE MAN' for example! ;) That was some serious hype for something that, in the end, was a big let down for mostly everyone.

hduarte1

Elite Member
Jul 2, 2008
Akatsuki Hideout
Seriously... it's the people [the customers] who overrate everything. Take Paul Harris' 'LITTLE MAN' for example! ;) That was some serious hype for something that, in the end, was a big let down for mostly everyone.

Of couse is us the customers...

About "little man" after seeing the preview I was like okayyyyyy.... $300 for clay and a bag...??? some times things are just not ready...

I don't want to be the one being stoned here but some one has to say the truth about Mojoe that it's good but needed more work...

HD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results