Money & Magic :: Would It Make A Difference?

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Well with magic as the priority, I would go crazy. Spend it all within 3 months probably. I know that's bad, but it's how I am. Money burns holes in my pocket.

Anthony Bass

I see, well, I can't blame you because I'd probably be bound to do the same thing sooner or later.

I posed the question of weither a magician who has all of the resources at hand would be better off than a magician who has to work for his supplies. What do you think? Do you think that the magician who has everything in front of him is better off, and more likely to succeed in our art?

Why or why not?

Shane

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
That money for me would be used on solidifying the wealth of material that are so often toted as "classics" or "must-haves". Why? Well, for my own personal sanity.

Oh and I'd try and build a library somewhere in my house.

Ty

I would use the money to hunt down old and out of print books, or just old versions of still in print books. Like ancient copies of Expert at the Card Table and stuff. I would also go to every magic convention I could and fly around the world and stay with all the magi I know and improve my magic. I'd also invite the best magicians to my house and pay them to teach me.

I would still go to school, and university after that though. But I could buy my marks, haha.

I dont think a magician would be better off with everything at the same time. its too much info. you have to grow into books and evlove. You can't just jump in. And that's alot of reading.

peace

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
id magically insert thw 10,000$ into my bank account and watch it gain interest for years

or, id buy dan/daves hands and have them surgically attatched

The stock idea is always on my mind. I'm a firm believer.

However. I've done stage shows on a dime! It would be great to put together a nicer stage show. 10k would definitely help.

Not just spray painted plywood, muslin, mentalism and the vanishing bandanna. I would get some nice stuff and write a really funny show. Something young, hip, and exciting. It always comes down to the dollar.

Has to be within magic only. Do you think that a magician with tons of cash has it better off than one who works for his/her cash?

Shane

I think in this world alone talent just isn't enough. Exposure and getting your name to the right people is everything. Along with that good decision making could be the key. Someone with a deep pocket and good decision making could possibly have a better chance at getting themselves ahead of the race. But once your there it's the talent and not the money cause if it's one thing I know about hollywood there are thousands of entertainers but few original artist. So yes money could possibly give you better chances but in the end thats all its good for.:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results