More on Joel Paschall's Believe

Sep 1, 2007
There's a new video in the media section. It proclaims: no set up...

I'm just beginning to get the slightest tingle of excitement here...looking forward to Wednesday...

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Story Time:

A while ago JB and I were at the Apple Store.

We go in with the Split Spade Lions (this was around 3 days before release). The kid that helped us noticed that we had cards, and asked if we were magicians. We said "maybe possibly there's a chance kind of."

Without missing a beat, the store clerk asked if we could show him a trick. We racked our brains, and the Bayminator (Baymalicious?) busted out this "Believe" effect. It was totally impromptu and it fried the kid's brain.

At the end of our visit we ended up with a 20% discount on our total purchase and made a new friend.

Just so you know...

Love,

Katie

Sep 1, 2007
That is pretty damn chill. And that clears up what "no set up" means. Impromptu to its very bones.

I am excited now.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
impromptu if you have the gimmick on you impropmtu? or completely, im in the bath, mate walks in, hands me a deck of 52 cards, and asks for a trick impromptu??

oh and LOL at the above pic ^^

Oct 28, 2007
yeah if it was really impromptu that would be sick! no gimmicks or anything this would be a must buy!

Oct 6, 2007
Whoa! the "No-set" up descriptino and katie's story really gives this effect a huge boost!

It seems to be very much my style of magic...
Casual, nt too serious, but yet, astonishing and amazing.

Can't wait for the preview and release!

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
impromptu if you have the gimmick on you impropmtu? or completely, im in the bath, mate walks in, hands me a deck of 52 cards, and asks for a trick impromptu??

Good question. Impromptu in the sense that this is all sleight of hand, no gimmick impromptu? Or impromptu in the sense that a raven is impromptu providing you have it set-up.

Also, Joe... You have strange mates. If my mates did that to me, I would splash water at them before promptly telling them to get out.

- Sean

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
Good question. Impromptu in the sense that this is all sleight of hand, no gimmick impromptu? Or impromptu in the sense that a raven is impromptu providing you have it set-up.

Also, Joe... You have strange mates. If my mates did that to me, I would splash water at them before promptly telling them to get out.

- Sean

strange mates ey? says the one who just added me as a friend ;) seems you like what you hear.... :D

i wonder how impromptu it really is...:p

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
A while ago JB and I were at the Apple Store.

We go in with the Split Spade Lions (this was around 3 days before release). The kid that helped us noticed that we had cards, and asked if we were magicians. We said "maybe possibly there's a chance kind of."

Without missing a beat, the store clerk asked if we could show him a trick. We racked our brains, and the Bayminator (Baymalicious?) busted out this "Believe" effect. It was totally impromptu and it fried the kid's brain.

At the end of our visit we ended up with a 20% discount on our total purchase and made a new friend.

Just so you know...

Love,

Katie

Impromtu!? How the ***8 can that be impromptu? Wow. Plus how does JB already know how to do it?

Sep 2, 2007
San Diego, CA
I am not meaning to spam, but I actually do care to ask when they came up with this. I had the same idea about a year ago. Same everything, and if they came up with this before, I do care to say "Great minds think alike. Nice idea :p"

Anyways, peace!

Dylan

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Impromtu!? How the ***8 can that be impromptu? Wow. Plus how does JB already know how to do it?

Because he's the Bayme-ster... A master wizard, obviously.

That, or... He takes pride in everything the company has to offer, and by doing that he learns and tests the effects inside and out before released.

To me: He is a master wizard though.

KE

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
As far as i can tell it is just a color change unless something there that is more than meets the eye. A common one for that matter as you can find it in most of the cc dvd's. The idea with the corner was brilliant however. It is about time that t11 push something impromptu for once, <--- we sure need more!

Although in the end I doubt it would be worth the money to buy a dvd for this, not that i claim to know everything there is to know but it is rather easy to duplicate the effect with very basic sleights and no preparation, and simple is best.

I am not meaning to spam, but I actually do care to ask when they came up with this. I had the same idea about a year ago. Same everything, and if they came up with this before, I do care to say "Great minds think alike. Nice idea :p"

Anyways, peace!

Dylan

Magicians create effects years before they release it. He probably made this 7 years ago.

Aug 31, 2007
Magicians create effects years before they release it. He probably made this 7 years ago.

Sadly, in many cases today, not anymore.

Believe, if completely impromptu, is one effect I would be VERY interested in.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 3, 2007
As far as i can tell it is just a color change unless something there that is more than meets the eye. A common one for that matter as you can find it in most of the cc dvd's. The idea with the corner was brilliant however. It is about time that t11 push something impromptu for once, <--- we sure need more!

Although in the end I doubt it would be worth the money to buy a dvd for this, not that i claim to know everything there is to know but it is rather easy to duplicate the effect with very basic sleights and no preparation, and simple is best.

That's exactly what i thought.... I'm hoping theres more to this than I've seen so far because yeah... this is pretty straight forward.

Sep 1, 2007
From the effect described, i totally have an idea on how the trick works
It can be done with any deck of cards, well, maybe just my idea, but the effect handling appears to be the same, .
Not really fancy though.
I will wait for the release to know his method of switching the torn pip, its cool

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results