My 2020 Tinkerings

Yo fellow magic nerds!

Haven't posted on here in a long time. The reasons are many-fold and I can't be bothered to go into it.

However, my love of magic has really been rekindled over the last year thanks in part to attending the Session convention in January (my first convention in 5 years), needing something to do during the pandemic and having some great online sessions with a few T11 friends from around the world.

Creatively i've been tinkering with quite few things, even taking the decision to start properly practicing coin magic, which I've actually really started to enjoy thanks to David Roths excellent beginner DVDs (never could get into Bobo despite owning it for over a decade.).

I also finally figured out the classic pass after 25 years in magic. Woo.

Anyway, enough rambling. Videos below showing a few tricks/routines I've played around with and filmed over the course of this year. Production values are non-existent, but I prefer to go for a punkier, more natural feel these days rather than trying to pretend I am any kind of filmmaker. Plus, I hope the magic speaks for itself and doesn't need to be tarted up with such things as titles and decent camera angles...

Let me know what you all think.

Stay safe all.

Rev

Nov 3, 2018
Yo fellow magic nerds!

Haven't posted on here in a long time. The reasons are many-fold and I can't be bothered to go into it.

However, my love of magic has really been rekindled over the last year thanks in part to attending the Session convention in January (my first convention in 5 years), needing something to do during the pandemic and having some great online sessions with a few T11 friends from around the world.

Creatively i've been tinkering with quite few things, even taking the decision to start properly practicing coin magic, which I've actually really started to enjoy thanks to David Roths excellent beginner DVDs (never could get into Bobo despite owning it for over a decade.).

Anyway, enough rambling. Videos below showing a few tricks/routines I've played around with and filmed over the course of this year. Production values are non-existent, but I prefer to go for a punkier, more natural feel these days rather than trying to pretend I am any kind of filmmaker. Plus, I hope the magic speaks for itself and doesn't need to be tarted up with such things as titles and decent camera angles...

Stay safe all.

Rev

Rev, good to see you again!
Gotta say, I loved every one of those tricks, especially KBA (which I'd love to see done with a spectator), Frank and "Coin Thing". Handling seemed very smooth, as well.

Reactions: RealityOne
Rev, good to see you again!
Gotta say, I loved every one of those tricks, especially KBA (which I'd love to see done with a spectator), Frank and "Coin Thing". Handling seemed very smooth, as well.

Cheers mate.

KBA is odd because when I put it together I thought to myself 'This is way too confusing. No-one will be able to follow what's going on'.

However, I then tried it out a couple of times and it really does fry people. It's their faces when the aces 'appear' that's my favourite bit. A real 'pull the rug out from under their feet' type moment.

Rev

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Matt:

All well done. Now I'll have a bad headache for the rest of the day due to getting hit in the head with the baseball bat that is KBA. WTF? You are evil... pure evil. I love it.

Reactions: Theorist19
May 11, 2017
Ukraine, Odessa
Yo fellow magic nerds!

Stay safe all.

Rev

Like it. Great job! :)

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Thanks for sharing the videos! I've been spending my extra home time with cards as well and this is good inspiration to put something on video to share as well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results