My custom deck design

Mar 15, 2017
Huh? Really? Must be a problem on your side, I can see the images, though...it is to my account...

Feb 1, 2017
Tuck Case: Okay I see where you are going with this. Looks like I made a pact with the devil. Cool idea.
Back Design: Is there only suppose to be one heart on the side? So this makes the back design a one way? Not a fan of those personally
Joker: Joker is cute. I like it. 7 of Diamonds reveal on one of them. I dig it.
Ace of Spades: Design flaw in my opinion to put a red diamond in the center of it for reasons that are probably more obvious to you now that I've mentioned it.
Spades Number Cards: Remind me of asteroids video game or galiga. I'm a fan of all of them except maybe 6. Looks a little off to me.
Diamond Number Cards: I see you went with a different pattern than standard cards. I don't know how I feel about it. But I don't hate it.
Heart Number Cards: I like the patterns on here better. Except for the two. It's a little awkward for me.
Court Cards: A little bit of a miss for me here. You had a good idea with a devil pact, but missed the opportunity to capitalize on that great idea.

In regards to Cardshuffler99, I wouldn't encourage supporting a channel that exposes tricks by designing for them a deck of cards. Especially when they are only going to pay you with one deck of cards if you win. I think your efforts are a little more valuable than that. But if you're treating it like a competition then in my honest opinion I don't think you have what they are looking for. BUT you do have a cool idea and I think you can really make this work. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh in my post at all. Not my intent.

Reactions: CWhite
Mar 15, 2017
Thank you for the review! Yeah...I don't really have the computer skills to do the court cards well...I'll try to fix the Ace of Spades up a little.

Mar 15, 2017
I actually will also fix (well...attempt anyways) the courts, the Kings will be the demons, the Queens will be (I'll see what I can do) and the Jacks will the magicians who made a deal with the devil, kinda like the mythology between Faust and Mephisto.

Feb 18, 2015
The design is great. I would buy these cards. Maybe Add some faces to the Court Cards, and change the tuck case a little bit more.
But I agree with Chris. CS99 exposes tricks that are not theirs, as well as not crediting the correct people (Scam School instead of Paul Curry), and explaining tricks in an unorganized fashion. They expose tricks rather than teach them. And all that hard work of designing to get ONE deck of cards as a prize... :/.

Reactions: CWhite
Mar 15, 2017
True, I don't really agree with CS99, I'm doing this more for the experience. I can always negotiate with them...but ah well...I can always turn to others.

Feb 1, 2017
True, I don't really agree with CS99, I'm doing this more for the experience. I can always negotiate with them...but ah well...I can always turn to others.
If it's for the experience, my dude then go for it. I just hate how some youtubers try to use their subscribers to do these "competitions" so that they can get a design made for them for cheap. Same goes for intros, layouts, etc.

Mar 15, 2017
Agreed, I could design more in the future (this just proves how much free time I have on my handso_O), this one serves more as just a test. But of course, I've had that deck idea stuck in my head for a long time, which is probably why I jumped at the opportunity.

Mar 15, 2017
Holy geebus...just adding a skull to the King of Hearts took me forever...well...guess this is going to be a longer project than I initially thought...

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
The Latin on the Aces and Joker page is a bit messed up. For example,
Ace of Hearts translates to "To Warn the Obstacles" or "The Obstacles to Warn". It should be Manere Impedimentorum
There are other mistakes too.
Btw, the Kings page only has one king showing, and the queen and jack are not black background (I'm sure it just a mistake).

Great job though!

Also, I wouldn't make a deck for CardShuffler99. He exposes tricks and isn't really a magician. He's just a guy who knows how to do a double lift and a few other moves, and puts it together in a sloppy performance. Doesn't really credit people either. Its your choice, but in my opinion, I don't think he deserves one, unless he changes up his methods of teaching.

If you want to make a deck for someone on YouTube, do it for someone like David from Magic Orthodoxy, Jay from MisMag822, or even for well established magicians that have their own decks already (If your looking for YouTube magicians, most have their own decks, but I'm sure they would like a personal fan-made one, like 52Kards, Scam School, Chris Ramsay, Jay Sankey [his deck is coming out soon], and a ton more)

Mar 15, 2017
Alright guys!!! I'm done remaking the Kings! It is the third link from the bottom, tell me your reviews, I got to finish the Queens and the Jacks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results