My ideas list

Oct 16, 2007
these are tricks that ive come up with,but hav eno method or only a few ideas
i thought this would be intresting to post,so icould get your feedback
ill be posting like this...well heres an example

sinful- cion through soda can

ok so heres my list

butterfingers-a cion is dropped in a water bottle and the cap is sealed.the magician put his fingers straight through the plastic and gets the cion out

arkade-cion through pinball machine glass

lense-atration- an eyeglass lense in wraped in a napkin and then a signed cion goes right through the napkin and "through" the lense.at one piont cion is sticking out both sides of the napkin.

spit-you spit in your hand and you breathe on it and it turns to snow/ice

earth- u show your hand completely empty and short sleeves.u make a fist and dirt just pours out everywhere for like 15 seconds

mentalight - u crush a light bulb,but as the glass falls to the ground the light remanins in your hand,levitating.u pick up the light out of the air and throw it at the glass shards.when it hits the shards it becomes very bright and when the light dims down the light bulb is restored,fully lit

slieght of screen- u go up to your friend watching youtube or whatever and cover the video with a napkin or whateveru reach your hand under the napkin,act like your trying to do something,then move the napkin away.half your hand is in the video and half of it is out.like there is a hand in the video and its yours (well not really) uhhh u get the piont

thats all for now.... so tell me watcha think

Sep 1, 2007
I think they are just concepts. I think many magicians have a list of concepts. I do.

I really like the idea for Earth. That would be a very good effect if it can be achieved. Patter might be something like "Scientists say matter cannot be created or destroyed..." and then go on from there.

Oct 16, 2007
the thing about dirt is i want really nothing in your hand.i dont use thumbtips almost at all b/c they are way to obvious

the thing about dirt is i want really nothing in your hand.i dont use thumbtips almost at all b/c they are way to obvious

Take a HUGE step back there man. First off, the illusion of a TT is that there IS nothing in your hand. Also, if they are way to obivous then why do tons of magicians use them in their professional work. Justin Miller has a routine he used to perform as an opener using a TT...

Sharp

Oct 16, 2007
my idea for mentalight is when the light floats its a yellow thumbtip on an itr that would real the light donwards.somehow it would get really bright and u could have a gimmicked lightbulb attached to your shoe that lights with out a plug and switch them in the cover of the light.....possibly the flash light hidden in your shoe or stooges shoe well that is my though tell me yours

Sep 27, 2007
I'm with everyone else, you've got some great concepts here! I think mentalight and spit are my favorite. I've always been fascinated with light based tricks/ideas. D'lite is always fun to perform, in my opinion.

I have an idea that's sort of similar to your mentalight, but without the restored light bulb. My idea is to just walk up to a lamp or something, outstretch your clearly empty hand, and act as if your grabbing at something. As you do that, the light bulb will dim, until it goes out completely. Then you open your fist just slightly and the spectators see that the light you "stole" from the light bulb is in your hand. You then smile, and throw the light back to the bulb, which instantly lights up. The only way I can think of pulling that off is if you had some device that could remotely disrupt the flow of electricity to the lamp temporarily. Something strong enough to do the job, but small enough to conceal in a thumbtip or ring or something. Then you'd just have to have some D'lite like device that you could turn on to imitate the stolen light. But, I have no idea what today's technology can do, so I don't if such a thing is even possible.

Anyway, great ideas. This'll give me something to play around with.

Sep 27, 2007
everytime u grab u could slightly untwist the lighbulb till it goes out

Sorry, I must not have been very clear. :) I meant that you reach for the lamp, but don't actually touch it. As you slowly close your fist around air, acting like you're actually grabbing something, the bulb would dim. It'd be as if you're pulling the light out of the bulb, but without touching the bulb itself.

Oct 16, 2007
these are more of my concepts,from my magic book(a compsition book i write magic stuff in)

flow-suppose your in the mall or park or even in school at the water fountian.u reach out your hand and concentrate and the flow of water shooting up the air cuts off in the middle.u release and it flows full fledge again

swing-suppose your at the park and some hot girl is swinging when she is swinging is in the air u reach your hand out and the swing just stops in the air like really far up

icard-someone picks a card and then one of the songs on thier ipod is "your card is the whatever of whatever " in my vioce.

wrist twist-u stick your arm out,short sleeve.it really is your arm.u grab your wrist with the other and hand and slowly your hand turns all the way around to its original position without your armsmoving or twisting ..u remove your hand to find that its like it was in the begining

king of hearts-the spec "picks" a king and then u pull out a pocket knife and stab the king right through his heart.fake blood comes out.on the other end a card heart is pierced by the knife.requires a story.

theater trick-u get someones big bag of popcorn,cover it with a jacket ,and it turns to regular corn.u then cover it again and it turns to a corn on the cob.

wayyyy more left.tell me if u want to here them

mangalight?

Sorry I wasn't viewing the concepts when I wrote the title i hope it was right.
Anyway you and I had somewhat of the same idea. But my concept goes deep and stays more shallow than yours at the same time. My concept.
You start off with here-there. Everything thing is the same up to the conclusion of the switch. hover your hands around their hands and a very bright flash of light comes straight out of your hands. The reason I feel this is effective is because everybody knows "when the switch is done" I hold I help you and maybe inspired you a little.

Sep 27, 2007
If anyone's interested, Andrew Gerard just recently released a trick entitled Ice From Water. It's sort of like illusion's spit concept, except this works with a glass of water that the performer reaches into. You can find it on Pequin Magic's site if you want to look into it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results