My Respect for Criss Angel is Higher Than it Used to Be.

Sep 30, 2007
Why are people so concerned with the way the guy dresses? Almost everyday I see some new thread about how someone doesnt like this about Criss Angel and that about him ect. Just leave the guy alone, for real. When you perform do you want ppl to look at you and just go "man look at the way he dresses I dont like that." And then they walk away? So just leave the guy alone.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
What you have to realize is that Criss Angel's show isn't directed towards magicians, it is directed towards lay people who are on the other side of the T.V. screen. Even though I'm not a fan of his show, I constantly hear people talking about Criss Angel and how amazing he is. He is obviously doing something right because he is amazing laypeople daily.

Mitchell

That's because people are so eager to be impressed they really think he can float from building to building- completely disregarding all the OBVIOUS facts at how it's staged and setup. Or how he vanished an elephant out on the street 'completely surrounded' by 'random people'.

People are naive. I've met just as many people that realize how mediocre he is at his 'style' of 'street magic'.

Sep 1, 2007
I think his gothic look and style is brilliant. Why? because of his look, people believe he has "powers", it is part of his performance. If he walked around with a top hat and a magic wand people would look at him as a "geeky" magician and would never think he could truly have powers.

his style brings popular culture and respect to the art.

Just my 2 cents...

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
I highly respect Penn Jillette and Teller (does he have a last name?), not just as magicians, but also as intelligent people, not unwilling to challenge popular thought. I recently listened to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtlpkjGXQeQ&mode=related&search=

An interview that Penn does with Criss Angel. It made me realize that I was wrong about Criss. He's not pretending to be Jesus--well, actually he is, but that's just it. He's pretending. I still hate his aesthetic style--I just don't dig the "goth-emo whatever the hell it is" look (and yes, I know the difference between "goth" and "emo" [unfortunately]).

If Criss dressed up in a mime suit, I might enjoy his stuff more (and not just his stuff, but his performances too).

Criss Angel is the Sylvester Stallone of magic (Judge Dredd, obviously. he's not quite cool enough to be Rambo).

Your perceptions of others change drastically when you meet them.

Criss is a very genuine guy with a good heart.

|| sean ||

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results