My Trip to California - Prepare for a Long Read

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Great story mate. I really did enjoy reading it.

I do tend to prefer longer posts though.

I really would like to go to America sometime. Although I cant see that happening for me in the near future. If I do, it looks like I'll be going to California :D.

- CS

I love reading long posts, too. Glad you enjoyed!

E

elliotcarver

Drew, congratulations on your post.
I absolutely loved it!
I am very happy that you had a great time and look forward meeting you in the future! I am sure it will happen.

Joel always looked like a cool guy in my eyes, but you defenitely made me sure about that!

Congrats man!

PS: I love coin magic, and I just bought some Morgan's. Could you make an exception and describe what he did with that coin? Thanks man

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Thanks, Elliot, I appreciate your kind words... hopefully you'll be able to tell me in person sometime! Joel is very cool, extremely nice, and pretty darn funny. If you meet him, you won't be disappointed.

What Joel basically did was a Muscle Pass with one, then split it into four coins one at a time. Then he did a Coins Across Routine, and finally, they all disappeared. It was pretty dang awesome.

Glad you enjoyed the post!

E

elliotcarver

Thanks, Elliot, I appreciate your kind words... hopefully you'll be able to tell me in person sometime! Joel is very cool, extremely nice, and pretty darn funny. If you meet him, you won't be disappointed.

What Joel basically did was a Muscle Pass with one, then split it into four coins one at a time. Then he did a Coins Across Routine, and finally, they all disappeared. It was pretty dang awesome.

Glad you enjoyed the post!

Wow that sounds extremely cool.
Really , that is a dream routine! There aren't alot of coin routines where the vanishes of the coins are the end of the routine because most of the time you are dirty, so you reproduce them. Very interesting, also with the splitting!

Joel, can we expect a 1 on 1 with you about your coin magic, maybe about this routine?

Thanks

Elliot

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
To be honest, Elliot, I don't think this should be put in a 1on1... it's too awesome. Maybe as part of a bigger Joel Paschall magic project (a book would be the awesomest thing ever!), but not on it's own. If that was in there, plus some of the other stuff he showed me, I would be thrilled. Yes, the vanish really surprised me, along with the splitting... and, well, everything else about the routine. It was really great, and to be honest, again, I don't want a whole bunch of theory11 kiddies running around performing it. It's too great for that, and possibly... should just stay with the creator.

E

elliotcarver

To be honest, Elliot, I don't think this should be put in a 1on1... it's too awesome. Maybe as part of a bigger Joel Paschall magic project (a book would be the awesomest thing ever!), but not on it's own. If that was in there, plus some of the other stuff he showed me, I would be thrilled. Yes, the vanish really surprised me, along with the splitting... and, well, everything else about the routine. It was really great, and to be honest, again, I don't want a whole bunch of theory11 kiddies running around performing it. It's too great for that, and possibly... should just stay with the creator.

You are absolutely right! I didn't want CoinTwo to be sold at Theory11 because alot of people would abuse it because they cannot really do coin magic.
This is exactly the same! So let me change my question.

Joel, can we expect a book or DVD with this routine in it?

Thanks
Elliot

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I think I would poop my pants if Joel said yes. I would totally pay at least $100 for a book with some of his material in it. See what I did there? I don't think a DVD would be as cool. Theory11 needs at least one book in their "collection" of material. I know I sound like I'm sucking up to Joel, but I'm not. The material I saw was great, and maybe it was just the performance, but I would love to see a book with some of his effects/flourishes in it.

Aug 2, 2008
That was an amazing story. It's fun when you do things you don't normally do.
I really enjoyed your story.

If you have another wonderful day, write it down and tell everybody your adventures.
hahaha

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Oh yes- I can't wait to go back. Hopefully I'll get to see Joel again, and meet a few guys (possibly at Cal-Magic!).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results