My two card monte variation

Aug 31, 2011
The Netherlands
Kinda nice, although I think it would be better to first let them turn over the cards and than do the reveals of the aces. Not sure, test it out...

Aug 16, 2011
Thanks Bart, good idea I'll test that out.

Keep it coming please. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thank you.

Nice version.. but i think Bart is right, it would be better to first let them turn over the cards and than do the reveals of the aces. Then practice it more so i will be more smooth, and also work on your doubles..

Aug 16, 2011
When I think about it, I think you guys are right, I should reveal the aces after. Anyway, I'll test it out.
What do you think I should work on being more smooth?
And about the doubles, why were they bad?
Thanks for the reply and tips.

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
It was nice.

I think an improvement in smoothness is always something to strive for, but that is something that will improve over time with practice so nothing specific there. And I thought your doubles were good. Again, they can always be improved and the technique refined but I don't have any specific criticisms on it.

Aug 16, 2011
Thanks DecisiveAmbivalence.

You're right it can always be better and I should always strive for it.

And what exactly is smoothness? How well the moves are done?

Any more tips or things you thought were good or should work on? Because I'm always looking to improve.

Thanks again.

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
Thanks DecisiveAmbivalence.

You're right it can always be better and I should always strive for it.

And what exactly is smoothness? How well the moves are done?

Any more tips or things you thought were good or should work on? Because I'm always looking to improve.

Thanks again.

How well the moves are done would be a part of it; once the technical proficiency is there, it's just the comfortability with the moves.

I think something that makes an effect really smooth is the script and planning behind it. Know exactly what you're going to do, what you're going to say and how you're going to move beforehand. Then if need be, those moves can be adapted to the situation, but if you have proper control then it should play out exactly as you had planned and that is where the effect is at its strongest.

Aug 16, 2011
How well the moves are done would be a part of it; once the technical proficiency is there, it's just the comfortability with the moves.

I think something that makes an effect really smooth is the script and planning behind it. Know exactly what you're going to do, what you're going to say and how you're going to move beforehand. Then if need be, those moves can be adapted to the situation, but if you have proper control then it should play out exactly as you had planned and that is where the effect is at its strongest.

Thank you so much.
I think the biggest problem of everything is the video and the conditions it was shot in. Not only was it loud like crazy, so I was almost yelling to be heard (that made me more worried about being heard than anything else almost), and on the video, that gives a bad impression because it is so loud, but I was also kind of in a rush because I had to leave in 2 minutes, so I tried to be a bit faster than normal, and only had 1 take. I also only had about a quarter of the table because there were people using the other part so that didn`t help much either.

I don't think I should have put this video up, I should have shot another one.

I will take this one down and make another one this week.

The reason is because the great advice given here might not be for me, it is for those specific conditions in that video. Because I did script it and plan every move on this trick.

Please let me know what you think of my next video when I put it up.

Thanks again for all the help!

EDIT:
Sorry, I saw the video again, and I decided I thought it was ok, even with these conditions, I don't think it's far enough from how it usually is to make a new one.

Now the problem I'm having is I don't understand why it is not smooth. I was very comfortable with the moves, I've been doing them for years, I tested the presentation and all the actions were planned to the point where I got laughs and had good misdirection making the moment the moves happen an off beat with the spectators concentrated somewhere else. I used question misdirection and etc.

Don't get me wrong, this is not an ego thing, and I'm not saying the video is great, I just don't know what to practise to make it 100%, because you guys say it is not smooth, but before putting it up, I worked very hard until I thought it was smooth.

I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I need it to be 100% smooth, and that's what I tried before putting it up, but since it is not, please help me find how I can make it 100%.

Of course that wasn't my best performance, but it is close enough for the advice to help all of my performances.

If you thought it was smooth though, please tell me.

Wow, I write too much :p.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results