My uncle

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
Hey guys my uncle is lest say creative don't know if that the right word to describe him but hes the one and only person who i can't fool he can find a explanation for every trick i only have fooled him like 3 times and 10 minutes later he comes out with a method don't take me wrong i love my uncle hes the one who i practise my magic and he finds me some gigs almost every week but i just wanted to know if any of you guys knows a trick that you think may fool him.

ps:sankey stuff is what had made the greatest impact on him.

pd:without knowing he had made 20 new sleights and about 30 new methods for different effects.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I would recommend a psychological force, but only if you have the practice, which it takes a lot of practice.

You may want to look into some of Daniel Madison's tricks, they even still amaze me when I perform them just because they are put together so well and are such an ingenius use of sleight of hand.

-Cyrus

Oct 24, 2007
My dad is the same exact way. He has a very logical mind and is able to work things out. The only thing to ever really get him was actually Digital Dissolve. He thought there was something funny about the coin, but with what Dan White teaches you on the DVD, it was easy to ditch the gimmick and fool him. So, if you have that, and haven't tried it, I suggest maybe that. But, you never know. He might get that one too. Peace!

Tyler

EDIT: Cyrus made a very good suggestion, go with some Daniel Madison stuff, if you have any. His tricks are put together well and use good sleights.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Try Invisible deal or out of this world from Derren Brown, my dad is like ur uncle.. and I did those tricks I menctioned and he was blown away.. I fooled him too with hoffzy osborne :p

Oct 28, 2007
yeah my dad is like that too and he is not very easily amused so i would say use something witch takes misdirection, the more misdirection the more details he will miss but if he is like my cousin and just stares at the deck and not even paying attention to what you have to say do something that is memory based and self working like 82 or do the devils touch that can fool pretty much anyone! :D

and depeding on his knowledge about gimmicks do stuff with loops like justin millers clock out blank out

or do something with a marked deck.

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
My dad is the same exact way. He has a very logical mind and is able to work things out. The only thing to ever really get him was actually Digital Dissolve. He thought there was something funny about the coin, but with what Dan White teaches you on the DVD, it was easy to ditch the gimmick and fool him. So, if you have that, and haven't tried it, I suggest maybe that. But, you never know. He might get that one too. Peace!

Tyler

EDIT: Cyrus made a very good suggestion, go with some Daniel Madison stuff, if you have any. His tricks are put together well and use good sleights.

He saw a performance video he totally came out with the right answer coin bite different work either.

I would recommend a psychological force, but only if you have the practice, which it takes a lot of practice.

You may want to look into some of Daniel Madison's tricks, they even still amaze me when I perform them just because they are put together so well and are such an ingenious use of sleight of hand.

-Cyrus

where Daniel site i can't Google anymore.

Thanks for the help guys

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
yeah my dad is like that too and he is not very easily amused so i would say use something witch takes misdirection, the more misdirection the more details he will miss but if he is like my cousin and just stares at the deck and not even paying attention to what you have to say do something that is memory based and self working like 82 or do the devils touch that can fool pretty much anyone! :D

and depeding on his knowledge about gimmicks do stuff with loops like justin millers clock out blank out

or do something with a marked deck.

already try most of that stuff my uncle loves magic I'm starting to think that he was a magician when he was young hes 30 now

ps:i wish i had a dad my dad lefth whem i was 4 so............

You may want to look into some of Daniel Madison's tricks, they even still amaze me when I perform them just because they are put together so well and are such an ingenius use of sleight of hand.

-Cyrus

It doesn't matter how hard the trick is to perform, it only matters how amazing the effect is on the spectator. My dad is the exact same way that this guys' uncle is, and I pulled out an Invisible Deck and fried him.

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
It doesn't matter how hard the trick is to perform, it only matters how amazing the effect is on the spectator. My dad is the exact same way that this guys' uncle is, and I pulled out an Invisible Deck and fried him.

try it he didnt only knew about the invisible deck but he had 2 more ways to do the effect..................

try it he didnt only knew about the invisible deck but he had 2 more ways to do the effect..................

You don't have to be a smart ass about it... I was pointing out an example... I was only trying to help.

Oct 28, 2007
Richman had a good point, it doesn't have to be overly complicated to fool. Which is one of the reasons why Daniel's CUT is one of my favorite tricks, but he doesn't sell it anymore unfortunately.

-Cyrus

it will be sold again in identity soon.

and try distortion that thing is ingineous!

or try the scorpion or wiregrams but if you use that have another non gimmick wire to have him inspect

Feb 28, 2008
a girl i work with is very similar... my forces are the only things that really get to her - classic, dribble, and even the hindu... I think the idea of pick a card any card just screws with people.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results