Mysterious One vs. A Show

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
I have been to myself for a while with vaccation and all.

and While lost in thought

I came up with a few questions, that I personally think
will be answered different because it depends on the individual.

As Magicians, our first and foremost job is to entertain our spectators.
may it be a Classic ACR routine or a Shocking SAW routine.

my question is which one leaves them more in awe.
When they know its a show or when you are Different ( Mysterious )

Let me Explain both.

Show being that they know that its for their entertainment.
They know that something Unexpected will happen. As soon as words like " Hey you wanna see a trick" or " Hey can you help me for a second" while a deck of cards or a coin is showing, they know. The Dark and Mysterious/Unexplainable has always intrigued people, and we live for the Unexplainable. But what leaves them more in Awe? A well Structured show.
Maybe a ten minute street preformence of 4 tricks or so.

Now the ( Mysterious)

In some cases I have been the one to walk up to a group of people in class, maybe talking a bout magic, or playing a game of cards.
I asked if I could see the cards, or their quarter.
After Doing one and only one trick, like Bending a Coin or Stigmata, and walking away I realized, that the reaction was way stronger.

I did this twice.Once It was the first time in my new college class, while waiting on the teacher, and the other time I was new to the School.
So Both times, they knew nothing A bout me. All they knew is I just bent their quarter, or in the other case used a burrowed deck and made the number of their card appear on my arm.

After the Trick I said " Thank you"
and Walked a way.

Which One is stronger?

Having A structured show.

OR Doing One trick that completely destroys Reality when they know nothing a bout you and walking a way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results