Mystery Box Magic Trick - What do you think?

Jan 20, 2014
Hi everyone!
Me and my friends just made a new video, and I would like to get some advise and opinions about the performance.
( I know that the mercury card fold is kinda obvious, but I don´t think that it is meant to be performed on camera (advise?)).
Thanks! :D

Here is the Video:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpPXo0Hhlo[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2014
Hey I'm no expert but I thought this was a pretty good combination of techniques. Nice music too!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I think the only thing it really needs is a proper script and you might want to work on your Mercury fold more. It should be very quick and you do seem to fiddle a bit more than I would expect, but that may relate to the lack of a proper script.

Here's thing: if you were engaging us and talking to us, most likely that execution would go unnoticed. But with nothing to focus on but your hands - it's obvious when 'something' happens.

This is just a suggestion, but I think you should shuffle less. If the audience is going to believe the card is 'lost' during a shuffle, then 4 more shuffles just makes them wonder what's going to happen, then get bored. Also, the more you interact with the cards, the more chance there is for sneaky stuff to happen. Learn a card control that works immediately, do the fold as you set the deck down, then talk for a moment and pick up the box and continue.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results