Nameless

Mar 14, 2011
Well in the big picture it's not. Color changes have been done for hundreds of years, but I was looking for ways to improve upon that, make it more magical. So really it is not new in the slightest, and if you are trying to tell me this has been done before, I'll take it down. But you did not answer one of the two above questions. This was not supposed to be mean, and I hope yours wasn't either.

TJ

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUB7OJ2ifk i believe is one resource where a similar change is made.

there are of course, several other variations to your "new colour change" which escape me at present. I hope you've come to the realization that my questioning of this move being new, is completely valid.

furthermore, id just like to add, as an insight to the few people reading this, that the new generation of magicians (this term is loosely used) need to stop being concerned about "creating" new effects and more concerned about performing tried and tested methods before delusions of grandeur.

Mar 14, 2011
Alright thank you, but you didn't read, I said it might be new, meaning there probably is, and now confirmedly is, a color change of this same nature. As for you saying that the new generation of magicians should stop trying to create magic, I whole-heartedly disagree, because although the older methods are tried and tested, look at this website, it is filled with new magic. So you are saying that this whole website is useless, that we should not "think outside the box," and stick with things that are old. If people succumbed to your style of thinking, we would still be living in caves, if even that. Plus there would be no magic, because no one would have thought enough to create it. I figured my trick was not new, but if it can be applied to other situations, and inspire other people, then that was its purpose: inspiration.

TJ

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
you misunderstand me. i did not mean tried and tested methods being tried and tested tricks.

I am referring to the road previously taken by magicians wanting to achieve, which involves less attempting to be the new big creator within a few months of starting this wonderful hobby.

In addition, your point of new magic further dilutes my original point. The effects on this site are published by reputable members of the community, who have, themselves, tried and tested out these effects for a period of time before releasing them. thus, even your concept of "new magic", falls in line with the tried and tested line of logic. furthermore, i believe in creation of new magic when one is already well enough acquainted with old methods.

i agree that inspiration plays a large role in creation of new effects, however, would it hurt you to have gone about and learnt a handful of colour changes from good sources before claiming to have created a new colour change. i strongly believe in learning whatever is available to learn before attempting to claim a something as your own.

Mar 14, 2011
That is one thing I do typically do, but I did not do with this change. And I am sorry for misunderstanding you. And yes it does fall in line with the tried and tested line now that you point that out, I was thinking you meant down to the bare basics. Sorry, I was wrong. :)

TJ

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results