Need help finding a move...

Sep 1, 2007
austria
alright, here's my problem: i've invented my own very nice and short routine, but i can't figure out the end, and i thought maybe someone here knows about a sleight that allows me to achieve what i would need. i won't go into deatail about my trick, but here's what's happening:
i've got the spectators card on top, (face down of course) and i move it to the middle of the deck with a one handed cut. now that's where my problem starts: after that i have some misdirection to get the focus off the deck, and i would need to be able to control the spectators card from the middle to the top AND reverse it, so that it ends up face up on top of the deck, and all that with only one hand.
so if someone knows a move that allows you to do that, please let me know, i would definetely appreciate it!
(btw i tried doing a charlier and then just reversing the card, but i find that it takes too long and the charlier motion is too big, it gets spotted)

thanks in advance!

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Maybe you can insert your thumb into the break, and then strip out their card from the middle with the thumb, and then place it on top of the deck. It should naturally be face up because of the flip over motion of the thumb. Something like this can be found in NINJA 2.

I hope i was clear, english is not my native language.

May 24, 2008
Before you one handed cut, give the card a crimp, so there is a natural break where you can charlier to easily. do that while talking to them. then drop ur hands to ur side and reverse the top card using ur leg (kinda like OZ pearlman's biddle trick), but this method would need a ton of misdirection

Dec 20, 2007
www.youtube.com
You could actually combine the two moves that were described above me.. into one. Crimp the card and fairly loose it into the deck. Now with your thumb feel for the crimp on the left side of the pack. cut the deck and pull out the card with your thumb. It should land face up. This is the same move used towards the end of the molecule 4. Hope this helps

- Matt

May 17, 2008
Dued what I think you should do is skip the charlier cut and just pull the card around the deck with your thumb

Sep 1, 2007
austria
thanks for the idea! i'll definetely try sliding it out with my thumb, because it's a really good way to do it since the card reverses naturally in the action. as for crimping the card, i'm not sure about that because when i do a charlier to "lose" the card in the middle i can just hold a break because the attention goes away from the deck anyway at this point.
thanks alot!

@Medifro
as i said, i'm not going to reveal my whole routine, but this part isn't a revelation, it's only a set up which is needed to continue the routine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest doing a side steal turning your hand over and revolving the "star of the trick" and glide the reversed card peeling off the top card to show that it's not on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Buy Believe by Joel Paschall. Even if you don't like Believe, which is a great trick, you can do a Charlier Cut, then do his One Handed Braue Reversal. Which will accomplish what you are looking for. However, it is flashy, and it may draw attention to your hand. But if you do it properly, the spectators will never know that a card was reversed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results