Need help with sources

Hey guys, This morning i woke up with an idea for a show and i can't get it out of my mind. The biggest thing about it is i'm not nearly talented enough to do it. So i'm looking for sources on where to learn and improve certain skills.

What i'd like to learn (in no particular order)
? Card manipulation (obviously you can find this anywhere but what's the best/ your favorite source?)
? Pocket watch manipulation/magic. (whilst searching i came across https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dtE5vTCbfo that's along the lines of what i'd like to learn)
? Hat magic (does anyone do magic with tophats?)
? Billiard ball manipulation
? mizer's dream
? silk magic (has anyone done a full course in silk magic?)

Thanks and much appreciated.
-Anthony

Apr 17, 2013
Card Manipulation
Card Manipulation Hugard
Jeff McBride stuff

Hat Magic
Mahatma had some top hat magic and hat folding
sleight of hand Sachs

Billiard ball
Mark Wilson
Tarbell
The Amateur Magician's handbook
Greater Magic

Miser's Dream
Classic Secrets of Magic Elliott
Tarbell
Bobo

Pocket Watch
The video you linked is standard sleight of hand stuff that can be found in the other books I listed here like Tarbell and Amateur Magician's Handbook
sleight of hand Sachs

Silks
Magic of Slydini
Mark Willson
Tarbell
Silken Sorcery Hugard
Encyclopedia of Silk Magic Rice
sleight of hand Sachs

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
London
For classic stage card, coin, and billiard ball manipulation, certainly Jeff McBride's The Art of Card Manipulation and World Class Manipulation DVDs are a must. You might also want to look into Jeff Sheridan's DVDs. For some more modern techniques, there's been a wave of great work out of Asia, so you could also look into the DVDs by An Ha Lim, Lukas, Lee Young Woo and Lee Ang Hsuan. Book-wise, I'd recommend Lewis Ganson's Routined Manipulation series.

Then for everything else it's the standard magician's library staples that Krab recommends: Sachs' Sleight of Hand, Tarbell, Greater Magic, The Amateur Magician's Handbook, plus I'd have a look through Professor Hoffman's work as I believe there's some hat and watch material in there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results