Need some feedback on my idea

Sep 2, 2007
it looks like a camera cut, but I'll give you the benifit of the doubt (Youtube has been known to make it look like camera cuts) and say: good job man. not a clue.

Oct 14, 2007
Seattle
Yes I noticed that too.....

I promise that there is no trick camera work with this effect.

This is possible and practical with methods i spent hours thinking of. I have three variations of this effect so I thought I would share one .

Thanks for your feedback

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Cool idea, very deceptive for the most part.

Kudos to you on this one, although (and I could just be imagining things, but) I think I read a description of an effect almost exactly the same as this one a LONG time ago. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

edit:
actually, it was just an old post on another forum- the user was asking if anyone knew of a method to achieve this effect... looks like you did! ;)

Oct 14, 2007
Seattle
Yep this is what happens when i get bored at college...

Anyways,

I love taking old ideas and reworking them to be easier more visual and more practical for me. i have tons of others this is just one of my favorites.

Thanks for comment :)

~Nick B~

yea i love the card on ceiling plot
had some ideas for it back in the day. i did try a card in box one cause i was sick of my cards flying all over if the rubber band broke
if u want we can discuss some ideas on it if youwant
just hit me up

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Yeah, the "cut" looked suspicious at first, still does technically, however, watching it closely, it is one continuous shot, the frame just jumps in a bit. Basically in one frame it zooms in for some reason. Not sure if this happened because of the text you applied at that point, or if it was some weird glitch in Youtube, but in the end, you've got me fooled.

I mean, the effect, if described, is the same as the way many do Card on Ceiling, save for the fact that you have the spectator clearly shuffling the card into the deck, and placing the card in the box.

How you would manage to control it in those conditions, and get it through the box, is, quite frankly, beyond me. That's not something I can say often.

I would imagine what ever you are doing here could be used for far more than just a Card on Ceiling effect, yes?

Oct 14, 2007
Seattle
Ya i like to think outside the box......ok bad joke but still.

No but i have applied it to other concepts like a card through window so all in all it comes in handy.

Lets just say I use the box to its fullest potential when performing this effect :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results