New playing card design.

Dec 30, 2014
Hello all! I've just recently restarted an old project of mine to design some cards. Honestly, I just want to see which colour schemes you guys like although I know it is subjective and if you have any feedback on the design. It's a martial arts inspired back design and will eventually have custom faces as well. If you want to follow the progress of the deck please feel free to follow this Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/indomitable_playing_cards/ I plan to hopefully start a kickstarter in 3 - 4 months for it once artwork is complete and have done sufficient marketing.

Thank yoooooouuuuuuuu!

Attachments

• fan render.png
    fan render.png
    896.5 KB · Views: 49
  • render2.png
    render2.png
    874.4 KB · Views: 39
  • thrice.jpg
    thrice.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 42

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Cool design man, good luck with the project, I can’t wait to see the faces, I love custom faces so much.

PS: the orange one is my favorite.

Reactions: Toby Langdon
Nov 17, 2017
I love all three colors, and I think adding more is unnecessary at this point. I think all three look great together since they all seem like appropriate martial arts colors. Good luck, I'll make sure to follow your Instagram!

Dec 30, 2014
I love all three colors, and I think adding more is unnecessary at this point. I think all three look great together since they all seem like appropriate martial arts colors. Good luck, I'll make sure to follow your Instagram!
thank you!

Dec 30, 2014
Just been trying to decide on a theme for the court cards and here's an idea I have just drawn but want to see whether you guys would prefer more of a minimal court design?

Attachments

• test court.jpg
    test court.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 12
Sep 9, 2017
It's kinda hard to judge since it's a simple drawing I guess. I like it when a court has something special. But personally the kind you drew would not be something I'd buy. But that's just 1 opinion. I would maybe prefer a more zen-like approach to the martial arts theme instead of the weapons. But that's just my feeling about it but that's what you asked for right :)

Maybe the palms together kinda thing you know. Or another martial arts pose with that zen feeling to it.

Dec 30, 2014
It's kinda hard to judge since it's a simple drawing I guess. I like it when a court has something special. But personally the kind you drew would not be something I'd buy. But that's just 1 opinion. I would maybe prefer a more zen-like approach to the martial arts theme instead of the weapons. But that's just my feeling about it but that's what you asked for right :)

Maybe the palms together kinda thing you know. Or another martial arts pose with that zen feeling to it.
thank you. I agree with the zen approach and not all court cards would have weapons I'm just trying to figure out a style for the cards. I'm also playing around with the idea of a minimal deck since the back design is relatively minimal. Here's another possibility. Open to criticism please!

Attachments

• Possible-king.png
    Possible-king.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Juvator
Sep 9, 2017
thank you. I agree with the zen approach and not all court cards would have weapons I'm just trying to figure out a style for the cards. I'm also playing around with the idea of a minimal deck since the back design is relatively minimal. Here's another possibility. Open to criticism please!

Aye indeed the backdesign is minimal so making the courts too complicated would feel out of place yes.
I like this other design, and perhaps there's some way to make it slightly more unique so that its more distinguishable as a king.
A minimalistic crown kinda comes to mind first obviously. But maybe that's too obvious but I'm not sure how else to do it haha.

Dec 30, 2014
Aye indeed the backdesign is minimal so making the courts too complicated would feel out of place yes.
I like this other design, and perhaps there's some way to make it slightly more unique so that its more distinguishable as a king.
A minimalistic crown kinda comes to mind first obviously. But maybe that's too obvious but I'm not sure how else to do it haha.
Thank you. Appreciate all of the help.

Reactions: Juvator
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results