New to Magic Questions..

Nov 26, 2008
Wow, so many responses :] Why don't you guys have a Q&A thread? Cause I'll continue to ask questions and I'd feel annoying if I kept making a thread each time or bumping this one.

Anyways, I practice 5 hours a day after school. I normally spend 1 hour reviewing my sleights and flourishes I know, half an hour for making my double lift more convincing, 1 hour and forty five minutes for flourishes and the remainder on what ever trick I'm working on. That time adds up over the week and every week or so my decks look discusting and bent. I'll wash my hands, they still turn brown. I'll try not to bend them or get them wet, yet they still warp. Do you guys go through decks as fast as me? (for those of you who ask, I'm using red biker backed bicycles)

Also my mother noticed the amount of time that I spend simply on practicing magic. She knows how I have an unatural obsession with the colour black and white. A black or white deck would be a valid christmas present. She looked around the internet and found the Ghost Deck, The Black Tiger Deck, and the Shadow Masters deck (all sold by Ellusionist.com).
For those of you who use these decks how "good" are they? Are they worth paying a dollar or two more (in the tiger's case, 3) for them? Or should i just stick to buying my twelve pack of cards at BJs?

Hopefully I haven't become an annoyance yet :]

Apr 28, 2008
Wow, so many responses :] Why don't you guys have a Q&A thread? Cause I'll continue to ask questions and I'd feel annoying if I kept making a thread each time or bumping this one.

Anyways, I practice 5 hours a day after school. I normally spend 1 hour reviewing my sleights and flourishes I know, half an hour for making my double lift more convincing, 1 hour and forty five minutes for flourishes and the remainder on what ever trick I'm working on. That time adds up over the week and every week or so my decks look discusting and bent. I'll wash my hands, they still turn brown. I'll try not to bend them or get them wet, yet they still warp. Do you guys go through decks as fast as me? (for those of you who ask, I'm using red biker backed bicycles)

Also my mother noticed the amount of time that I spend simply on practicing magic. She knows how I have an unatural obsession with the colour black and white. A black or white deck would be a valid christmas present. She looked around the internet and found the Ghost Deck, The Black Tiger Deck, and the Shadow Masters deck (all sold by Ellusionist.com).
For those of you who use these decks how "good" are they? Are they worth paying a dollar or two more (in the tiger's case, 3) for them? Or should i just stick to buying my twelve pack of cards at BJs?

Hopefully I haven't become an annoyance yet :]

You can get through decks very quickly when practicing a lot, a deck rarely lasts me more than a week. Sometimes I have to throw it away after a day if i've been performing all night, people quite often have dirty hands or spill drinks on it etc. Just keep them around for practicing any tricks where you have to tear up cards and get a new deck out. I doubt washing your hands significantly adds to the decks lifespan unless they're really dirty.

The Ellusionist decks are fairly good, I quite like the Ghost deck as it lasts for ages. I find that the colour wears off quite quickly on the black decks and they look awful. I wouldn't recommend them for everyday use because their expensive and people can be suspicious of them but they are good for flourishing.

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Stop.

Card College 1-5

You will never need to ask another question for the next 2 years.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results