New Video from my buddy

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Way too many magicians think they can just learn a basic routine and go out and do it. And the crappy part is - for the most part, that's true. The motivation to create original, interesting, creative magic has to come from inside. You can go out and learn tricks from other people and copy them word for word and do alright as a magician. But to be really good, to be respected and thought of as a name instead of as the generic title of "magician" you have to create your own material and that's SO much harder than just copying people and accepting applause. It's also way more satisfying, but that's not enough for some people.

That quote pretty much sums it all up. To see the reactions for the routines that are mine or have become mine is amazingly rewarding, especially considering the amount of time put into the routines. For me, performance ready takes four months to several years.

David and I really do have very similar motivations and goals in performance. So similar that I'm surprised how different our solutions ended up being, really. I think that's a thread on its own, there.

Part of the simularities is that we have delved into the mechanics and theory of both mentalism and magic. Part of it is the influence of Alex, Craig and Ev on that other forum. Part of it is a drive to find out what really makes magic and mentalism work and part of it is a realization that the principles are the same.

I think the difference is in the experience we attempt to project - your experience is more steeped in an exploration of the mysticism of human nature and the power of the human psyche where mine is more motivated by the whimsical part of human nature and a journey into imagination. Those experiences are two aspects of the capacity of the human mind.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results