New website finally up!

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Been working day and night on this. Still have some edits, fixes, additions, translations, etc... to be added. But, for the most part, this is what it will be like.

Comments? Feedback? Issues?

Eric

http://www.ericsato.com

p.s. Works best in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Haha Luis, neah, feeling old actually. I mean, who rolls their ankle stepping down a 10 centimeter step?!? Not to mention my knee acts up every time it rains and it takes longer to walk up stairs.

The website is actually made in Wordpress and the theme is from Elegantthemes.com (not a free Wordpress theme). Although some of the customization can be done via the ePannel in Wordpress (page titles, page updates, addition of the photo gallery), everything else I had to re-code, modify, re-create (art wise), to fit my own style and liking. Took a week just to read through the CSS, PHP, HTML, jQuery, to figure out their architecture, but after that, modifying it was pretty easy.

If you do not know much about CSS, XHTML, HTML, PHP, or jQuery, you can still do quite a bit of modification yourself, and for everything else, the support staff over at elegantpress is extremely helpful and the admins will even offer to log in and change some things for you giving you an up to date report on the changes and how to change them back if you so desire. But, like I said, it is not a free service, so maybe not for everyone.

Thanks for the comments though =). I need to get back to work on it now.

P.S. One big downfall of how I have the site laid out is that since it all operates off of jQuery and uses the main page the entire time (not switching between pages), Search Engine Optimization (SEO) takes a big hit!. There is also no blog function utilized in this simplistic theme, thus new content and keywords and links will not be found, thus ultimately making it very difficult for me to be listed high on a search engine. /sigh.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Ha! That totally slipped by me! It was supposed to be the same font as used on the title page. I know I lowered the font size, but didn't realize the font had actually been changed!

This is why debugging is a must=) Thank you!

Staring at photoshop AND dreamweaver 10 hours a day messes with your mind... especially when your computer is crap.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results