Noobie needs help

Jul 19, 2010
Hey guys

I´m pretty new to cardmagic but i got enough skills to perform on partys for ppl over 18yr old and i still amaze them, What i need help with is I need a beginners packet that has some good sleights and some easy but good tricks, and just so you know " Hindu Force" does not work in my country every singel ppl know of it allrdy. please give me some examples. I bought ice change a while ago but thats way to high skill for me yet. hope you can help. Oh and i forgot no tricks with friction pen or expensive gimmicks, cant afford that yet, so buying some trick packet with those stuff in is like a robbery.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Just to get a better Idea about what you want, are you looking for more card magic in particular, or other forms of magic? What books/ resources do you already have?

Knowing that information will help me make suggestions.

Thanks,
Matt M.

Jul 19, 2010
I want card magic and tricks you can do without setup and i really hate books. and i dont want to waste like 29dollars on something that i can figure out my self.
resources so far is none, I kinda look at youtube on the dudes i like then i try to redo the trick my self untill i learn it :D hope this helped

Thanks
Daniel

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
I want card magic and tricks you can do without setup and i really hate books. and i dont want to waste like 29dollars on something that i can figure out my self.

Ouch really? You dont want a magic book? Some of the Greatest and i mean Greatest magic is hidden way down in the books. Even things like the Royal road to Card Magic i would suggest for you.

If the Hindu Force isnt working use another force or even better use a different version of the Hindu Force so if they think they know what you are doin you can shut them down.

So i for one think you should have a look at Royal Road to Card Magic.
Either the book or the dvd set it is up to you my friend but don't just disregard books like that.

Tom

Jun 10, 2010
resources so far is none, I kinda look at youtube on the dudes i like then i try to redo the trick my self untill i learn it :D hope this helped

Thanks
Daniel

If you don't want tricks that require a setup, don't buy the tricks dvd of trilogy, unless you plan on getting the whole set. I don't know about the bonus disc (andthensome),but the tricks in the main version of trilogy mainly need setups (about half the tricks, including: The queens, collectors, twinsplit remix, etc)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia

Thanks
Daniel

Hahaha.

Oh, dear God.

Jul 19, 2010
Ouch really? You dont want a magic book? Some of the Greatest and i mean Greatest magic is hidden way down in the books. Even things like the Royal road to Card Magic i would suggest for you.

If the Hindu Force isnt working use another force or even better use a different version of the Hindu Force so if they think they know what you are doin you can shut them down.

So i for one think you should have a look at Royal Road to Card Magic.
Either the book or the dvd set it is up to you my friend but don't just disregard books like that.

Tom

Hey the reason i dont want books is I have extremly hard learning from books. its not like im disgarding them i know its probably the better thing to buy but i need to see to learn. never heard of a variation of hindu.. how the hell do i do that?
Thanks alot

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Hey the reason i dont want books is I have extremly hard learning from books. its not like im disgarding them i know its probably the better thing to buy but i need to see to learn. never heard of a variation of hindu.. how the hell do i do that?
Thanks alot

I'm sure it's in some book. There's some nice variations of a lot of techniques known by laymen in books.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Thanks alot

This is the problem with your attitude towards books. Unfortunately, it's probably in some book. The greater portion, and by far the better portion, of magical discourse is in books. I can understand learning difficulties with books - especially the old ones are difficult to read, I'm having a terrible time trying to decipher Hocvs Pocvs Ivnior (I don't suppose there's a modern English translation :p)! But, I would go so far as to say that you have to learn it sometime if you hope to become the best magician you can be.

Bottom line is - if you want the goods, you know where to look.

I would also add that it's considered highly unethical to try and learn tricks from YouTube videos by backtracking and whatnot.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Thanks alot

(Breathing in)

Okay, so you want to learn sleights, but you don't want to get books. This is a problem, but the truth is, if you want to learn the basic moves AND save money you will have to get them from books. As far as the Hindu Force is concerned, you probably learned the same one I did when I began... I learned it because I watched the guy doing it, and it was so easy to figure out. Royal Road has the real Hindu Force which I would be blown away if everyone in your country knows about (but I have heard of stranger things).

Now, to answer your question of things that aren't books that will help you learn.
Darly's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights would be the closest to what you are looking for.
Easy to Master Card Miracles is a series by Michael Ammar, you can pick up a lot from that series.
The UltraGaff series by Wayne Houchin and Daniel Garcia also has a bunch of sleights you can use in your normal routine (even when you are not using gaff cards)
Anything by Jason England on this sight is a fantastic place to learn.
All of the things that I just listed are DVD's or digital downloads, so enjoy.

BUT, let's say that you want to take a true dive into card magic, then I would advise checking these out, because you will probably not find fifty percent of the material here on any popular DVD
Royal Road to Card Magic by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue
Expert Card Technique by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue
Card College by Robert Giobbi
If you manage to get through all of those, then come back to me and I will give you more information. Also note, that if you come back to me within a week having told me that you have mastered everything that I have just given you, I will proceed to beat you to death because some of us are still working on these after years of practice. It is worth the time, go for it.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX

Thanks
Daniel

One thing man if you have that kind of attidute for magic then I'm sorry to say that your not going to have a future in magic at all. Just buy Royal Road to Card Magic its only like 10 bucks. If you are having hard times understanding the book feel free to pm I'll try to help you.

Basically what Prae said. Its really unethical to watch youtube videos to learn tricks. If you wanto you can by some 1on1son this site.....god why did they had to take at Card Fundamentals away!!! Hopefully this helps man. Also I guess I'll answer your question for some trick. Well theirs the Biddle trick on the 1on1 section. Its a great trick to perform at parties.

Well hopefully everything goes good for you man.

Jun 28, 2010
México

Thanks
Daniel

So.. you just want to amaze people.. not want to be a magician, because you are worring about the trick that you learn.. I mean.. you can do a hindu shuffle.. but if you give it a good presentation.. the spectators are not going to look at your moves.. Important thing to notice.

Plus.. learning tricks in youtube.. is the worst thing that you could do, i mean the person that Expose this tricks in youtube.. are like just guys that buy the trick and wasnt that amazing as they expect.. so, they feel kind of disappointed, so they think the people has to know how to do it.. and they learn it in a pretty bad way, not with the propper handlings and the correct way to present it..

If you want to be a magician HERE theory 11.. is one of the best places to start.. but like the other members has already told you.. you have to start with the books.. they have pretty good information and this books are like the bases to all the tricks that are here in Theory 11 or any other magic site.. If those books were never created.. the tricks that you learned here.. maybe they have never been created!

:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results