Omega Deck | Mirage Deck??

Jan 17, 2022
First time posting here on the forums!
Ive been debating whether or not I should get the Omega Deck by Max Major. Can anyone who owns it confirm that its not the exact same trick as the Mirage deck? Which is half the price?

Thanks,
Ido

Sep 30, 2021
www.youtube.com
First time posting here on the forums!
Ive been debating whether or not I should get the Omega Deck by Max Major. Can anyone who owns it confirm that its not the exact same trick as the Mirage deck? Which is half the price?

Thanks,
Ido
while i do not know what the mirage deck is... i can say that i own omega and [Removed by Moderator due to exposure. Feel free to discuss specifics via PM] let me know if this answers your question!

Last edited by a moderator:

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
You are not just buying a prop but buying the; teaching, the nuances and routining, basically picking the brain of someone who has spent time testing and figuring out an advanced/sneakier handling. Sure you could buy the prop and spend months figuring it all out thru trial and error, but why reinvent the wheel? Sometimes it’s worth a few cups of coffee to pick a creators brain.

Reactions: CWhite
Apr 26, 2013
I adore the Omega deck. In fact, I even figured out the technique before I bought it. I bought it because when I thought I had it, I thought it brilliant. I was mostly correct.

I even chanced performing it with one of my most "difficult" friends as a spectator. He was quite floored by it. However, as JoshL8 says, watching the video and learning some nuances will definitely give you an advantage. Why do I say advantage? For me, with most tricks, there's always the chance the spectator is just going to rip the cards out of your hands and throw them across the room, and then be like, "Ha, what is my card?" LOL. This actually happened to me (not this trick), but I used the response, "Well, if you can do that, let's gather up the cards and you can find mine...or even yours at this point, or do you want to have fun???". Anyway forget that story. Omega is very good. Even if the spectator is a bit uncooperative, it still works. My patter is to make it look like when they hold the deck, this is just the start of the trick. The best part is yet to come, so it puts them off guard. I would like to mention that while this is mostly the performance over any "gimmick". I have come up with a reset maneuver that takes the chances of a miss from 1 in 100 to almost 0 in 100. I've never had a miss. (note to trick creator: you might want to add this)

On a side note, I'd use this as a mentalism trick rather than a "prediction" trick. When you know their card, it might be cool to show something you wrote down before the trick, but I can already do that with other tricks. Don't do that. Friends of mine already know I can do sleight of hand, this trick eliminates that. So now you get into reading their mind!

My favorite conclusion, is not even "mind reading". I tell them I can hold their hand, and no matter how hard they try to keep it secret, I can feel pulses or auras or vibrations in their hand as I ask about their chosen card. So then I go... "is it a color... black...or red... oh i felt a twitch! It must be red... okay, I'm going to ask more questions, do you think you can make it harder, by not twitching so obviously???". So then I go through face cards or high numbers or whatnot, just keep saying, wow, you make it so easy, I can sense from your hand... does it have a loop, two loops a single line... lol...

TLDR: this is a great mentalism routine to use on even friends that are amazed and even respect sleight of hand. Because I never touch the deck I repeat, I NEVER TOUCH THE DECK, they are literally FLOORED!

It's awesome. 5+ out of 5 stars.

CAVEAT: I have never missed with Omega, the technique has never failed, esp with my improved reset. however, i would always keep an invisible deck on hand as an out if there is a miss. VERY MUCH not as impressive, but still saves the day.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results