One-handed false cuts

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
All right. I just made my first cardistry video. 3 days, 16 hours, 865 takes; all for 10 video clips.
But I am very wary of posting it because I am having second thoughts about it.

I feel like some of the flourishes don't show up well. Some of the angles are...weird. Like a few of the flourish selections could have been MUCH better.

So I'm going to switch gears on it a little bit. I like about HALF of what I did, but I want to redo the whole thing using mostly false cuts.

Now here's where you experienced hats come in: what one-handed cuts do you know of?

Here's my list for ones I can do and have knowledge of:

Judo Flip
Flatiron (you can technically display the top card)
Meer
Pivotal
Teachwrap
Kryptonite
Piano Cut (suggested from the Cardistry Reddit)

Any suggestions? MUST be a cut in which the top card position does not change.

Bonus points if you can suggest a super fast false cut. Namely one that can be done in LESS than 2 seconds. Seriously. I need one that fast.

Dec 21, 2015
I use a customized version of the " One handed triple cut ". Kind've close to the one Andre Jikh did, except little faster and a few little tweaks. For people that aren't that... " Experienced " with cards itlooks just like a Charlier cut. Except the top packet is still on top. It helps when I'm performing..and I use the Charlier cut.. A LOT. Almost constantly. To the untrained eye, just looks like one the regular NOT-FALSE cuts I am doing..I got it down really fast. Almost a split second. No more than a second for sure.

I suggest you experiment with the one handed cut you know really well...and just keep doing it and make it fast. User a timer and see how many cuts you can do in 60 seconds.

Dec 21, 2015
I use my own customized version of the " One handed triple cut ". Kind've close to the one Andre Jikh did, except a little faster and a few little tweaks. For people that aren't that... " Experienced " with cards it just looks just like a Charlier cut. Except the top packet is still on top. It helps when I'm performing..and I use the Charlier cut.. A LOT. Almost constantly. To the untrained eye, just looks like one the regular NOT-FALSE cuts I am doing..I got it down really fast. Almost a split second. No more than a second for sure.

I suggest you experiment with the one handed cut you know really well...and just keep doing it and make it fast. Use a timer and see how many cuts you can do in 60 seconds and every time you do it.. try to beat your highest record. On my average I get about 60 charlier cuts in 60 seconds, but with two hands. If I don't do it at the exact SAME time with both hands it doesn't count.. I guess it's really 120 then.

Edit: Wish I could delete the double post/first draft

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results