Original application for the Clip Shift?

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
I thought of this two days ago and went and tried it at the Olive Garden, where I am currently employed, and it worked splendidly; I got some great reactions. My idea is to use the Clip Shift during an Ambitious Card routine. I'm sure many of you do already. My idea is for the spectator to place their card face up anywhere they want in the deck; the magician holds no breaks and fairly squares the cards. He then utilizes the Clip Shift to bring their card to the top face up. My idea is to force a card that you already have turned face up in the deck, so the card they actually placed in the middle will still reside there after the sleight. You could then perform the Clip Shift again vanishing the card and spread top the middle without flashing the card near the top. However, I just get it to the top then hand the spectator the card so they can sign it. I then palm the card they placed in the middle of the deck into my pocket. I have performed this about 5 times and have not been caught as all eyes are on the card as it is signed. I think this is original to myself, but let me know. Also I would like to hear anyone else's ideas on utilizing the CLip Shift. I also use it for the Dan and Dave trick from the trilogy I believe it is twin split; I have a duplicate three on the bottom as well that I use the Clip Shift for.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's a nice idea, and I'm sure you did come up with it independently, but I have to warn you it probably isn't an exclusively original idea by you. It's an interesting intro to ACR, only thing is, it kinda defeats the purpose of signing for the rest of the ACR if you do the first one without. Just make sure you don't say something like "So just sign the card for me here so now you know I don't have duplicates or anything like that".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results