Paper Engine Trailer

D

Deleted member 2755

Nice nice. Well done preview.

-Doug

Edit: That just inspired me to pick up my book again. ;)

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
for the record, wayne and aaron were not just working on this. They were working on the "Search and Destroy" dvd which should be coming out soon. He sold it at Magi-fest as a early release but wont be available otherwise until sometimes this month

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Within the Paper Engine is a trick called Search and Destroy. The dvd goes over this awesome effect and several nuances as well as Aaron's Nowhere Pass and a few other things i believe. He taught it at the convention in his lecture and its an amazing and simple trick. Ive since found myself using it in almost any routine i perform. Wayne has mentioned it a few times on his update. Its the trick that he says fries him everytime and how embarrassed he was that it fooled him. haha

Lex

Dec 18, 2007
Chicago, IL
To get this or Totally Out Of Control is the question

I can't speak to Totally Out of Control, but here is one of the things that has made me a big Paper Engine fan:

Through several of the technique sections, Aaron talks about his mistakes. In one case, for instance, he lays out a technique (the Outjog Herrmann Pass), then points out a couple of flaws with it: things that might draw the attention of other magicians or sophisticated laypeople. He then talks about sitting down with a friend and trying to figure out how to solve those problems, and what they came up with (the Academic Outjog Pass). Then he explains why he would never use this improved version in performance.

In other words, he gives you a full description of the thinking process an amazing magician uses in coming up with new moves and applying them in tricks. This is, quite literally, a window into the mind of an excellent performer.

That alone makes this more than worth the price. Not only are the moves and tricks described, but the creative thinking process is put on display in a way you don't often find.

I am certain that the correct answer to the question is "get both," but this is one of the things that impresses me most about Paper Engine. If that sort of thinking would be helpful to you, I would give the book some consideration.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Just ordered the book, should be getting it in a few days. It was one of the things on my list for next year but I decided to order today.

Jun 22, 2008
Well heres a question for you, are you looking for mostly card tricks or more a book of misc effects. Both are amazing books, but Paper Engine is more of a card book where TOOC is everything from cards, coins, rope even cigars. TOOC was kind of a bible to me growing up (along with Drawing Room Deceptions) Where as Paper Engine is more of a recent find for me.

Nov 4, 2008
ok guys heres the deal i was hanging out with aaron last weekend he was at the abc magic shop convetion which was amazing and he was talking about what he was doing with wayne in month or next the search and destory dvd is coming out which is a 90 min dvd on the nowhere pass and search and destroy then he said he is coming out with a dvd on the popover move im sure how long it is and he said in about 4 months that will be out and he said after the popover move will come a dvd on the gravity half pass which im not sure when thats coming out but it will be awhile also he has come out with an amazing little packet trick called the sercet wepon everyone should check that out
Spencer

Sep 1, 2007
For a second there I thought they had made a Paper Engine dvd...don't scare me like that!

Nov 4, 2008
yeah creeper he is not making a dvd for the paper engine just on about 4 or 5 moves which he feels were the hardest or the ones that he has some new tips and advice on which he devloped over the years after he printed the paper engine

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Very nice preview. I've been wanting to get this book for some time now. I think this may have just moved it further up my wishlist.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results