ParaPad Sharpie Issues

Feb 27, 2018
I recently received my ParaPad and the Sharpie writes in a way like it is out of ink. T11 sent me a replacement Sharpie and again, it is exhibiting the same issue.

Is this normally how the Sharpie writes or I'm just unlucky and got two faulty pens? Any of you guys have this issue?

Reactions: Abesterism

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Is the gimmick item getting in the way? If so, you can (Very carefully) tap it further in. Go very slow, and test repeatedly. If it's too far it won't do what it needs to do as well.

Feb 27, 2018
Thanks guys. I'll investigate further.

T11 is sending me a third replacement. They say it's normal for it to dry out, even being new.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Thanks guys. I'll investigate further.

T11 is sending me a third replacement. They say it's normal for it to dry out, even being new.

Let me clarify here. The pen for ParaPad has been tampered with by our team. This means the marker can dry out faster than normal. It is NOT normal for these to arrive to you dry, however there is a higher than normal chance for this to be the case because our tampering can cause the solvent in the Sharpie to evaporate faster than that of a new Sharpie. If yours arrives dry, please do let us know.

A few option you have if and when yours does dry up in the future. Dipping the tip in some rubbing alcohol can get the ink flowing again after a few minutes. Alternately, just swapping in the ink pack from a brand new Sharpie should get things going too. Knowing these two tricks can keep your pen going for a long time.

// L

Reactions: DrRob
Mar 2, 2018
Mine started doing that and I took the pen apart, placed both gimmicks into a new pen. The 'tip' segment of the pen can get quite messy, but it's actually quite easy to do.

Thanks for the recommendation! I got nailed with the same problem, and didn’t want to buy a replacement.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results