Patter to use when using Monopoly money in Prophet?

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Hi guys,
I've decided to use Monopoly money for Prophet, as Paper to Money doesn't appeal to me, and I can't use real money anyway (not the right size.)

One problem I've been thinking about is the presentation of the Monopoly money. How could you present this?

The only idea I've come up with is to use it like a gambling demonstration - you could demonstrate how you can cheat at Monopoly. Not quite the same effect...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2755

Hi guys,
I've decided to use Monopoly money for Prophet, as Paper to Money doesn't appeal to me, and I can't use real money anyway (not the right size.)

One problem I've been thinking about is the presentation of the Monopoly money. How could you present this?

The only idea I've come up with is to use it like a gambling demonstration - you could demonstrate how you can cheat at Monopoly. Not quite the same effect...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I would save it. ;) I almost never play board games.... but on a rainy day when your friends suggest to play monopoly, when they are distracted with something else switch your bills for the gimmicked bills and then do Prophet! (Just don't change them back into normal bills ;))

-Doug

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hey,
I actually DO use monopoly money for Prophet and
here's my patter (feel free to use it),
"Have any of you guys ever played monopoly?"
(Spectators say yes) "If so, How many of you actually played the WHOLE game?" (Spectators say no..) "Thats what I thought..No one does, so I found a way to make the game go by a little quicker.."
Then go on with the trick.
I can almost guarantee that 99.9% of people that have played monopoly have never done the WHOLE game.. its takes like a week! haha.
That way, you can bring the money around with you in your wallet, you wouldn't have to be playing the game for it to be justified. Just make it part of your routine.
Hope that helped,

Calvin Lauber

D

Deleted member 2755

Hey,
I actually DO use monopoly money for Prophet and
here's my patter (feel free to use it),
"Have any of you guys ever played monopoly?"
(Spectators say yes) "If so, How many of you actually played the WHOLE game?" (Spectators say no..) "Thats what I thought..No one does, so I found a way to make the game go by a little quicker.."
Then go on with the trick.
I can almost guarantee that 99.9% of people that have played monopoly have never done the WHOLE game.. its takes like a week! haha.
That way, you can bring the money around with you in your wallet, you wouldn't have to be playing the game for it to be justified. Just make it part of your routine.
Hope that helped,

Calvin Lauber

I feel bringing up the subject of Monopoly with magic and taking the bills out may make a layman think they are gimmicked because of their look. If you use them while playing Monopoly then it's good, but I just think that laymen may get suspicious, but if it works for you then great!

-Doug

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Why not just cut out regular paper to fit the size of the bills? I think that this would be better than monopoly money.

Show 5 pieces of blank paper, then do the change. Should look great.

I use the same approach actually. My Prophet gimmick is made out of Monopoly money and this is the presentation I have come up with:

Yourself: "Well, I just got paid the other day, and I wanted to try something with the money I got."
*Pulls out a 20 from your wallet, inside the 20 is 5 one dollar monopoly bills*
Yourself: "I never said it was real money...."

That was basically my idea on how to present the money. It's a very entertaining and humourous way to introduce the effect.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
If you don't mind using the ones in the routine, I have a good way to substitute the 100's. I went to my local shop and picked up a few fake million dollar bills, and worked out a presentation with them. Here's mine:

Pull out ones, have them inspected, etc. Then ask if they would do something with the bills if they did real magic, etc. Perform Prophet, turning the ones into millions. Laugh and say, "Of course, nobody can really do that, and this is just an illusion."

Change the millions back into ones, and you're done.

David

Oct 28, 2007
i think you should just save up and use real money and make a practice out of paper and preform alot and eventually you will make your money back.

to get your money back out of tips make sure you got good lines to hint that you want a tip but make it seem that you don't really care.

p.s preform to peple especially women with kids because they are the type that will most likely give tips

Sep 1, 2007
Littleton
i think you should just save up and use real money and make a practice out of paper and preform alot and eventually you will make your money back.

to get your money back out of tips make sure you got good lines to hint that you want a tip but make it seem that you don't really care.

p.s preform to peple especially women with kids because they are the type that will most likely give tips

good idea, but i would get tips by saying that i need money. when they are almost done reacting do another prophet, while saying that the money only stays changed for a minute or two. it would work very well. the tips would pour in!

Sep 1, 2007
While getting tips for performing is always a nice perk, I think that if you're doing magic solely for the purpose of making money then you're doing it wrong.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
instead of monopoly money, use fake money, and make the performance more comical, like 'hey, i could be a millionare, when i print this paper (do paper to fake bills), the damn thing goes wrong, and show the bills :p

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks.

i would say i figured out a way to cheat at getting money in monoploly

If you don't mind using the ones in the routine, I have a good way to substitute the 100's. I went to my local shop and picked up a few fake million dollar bills, and worked out a presentation with them. Here's mine:

Pull out ones, have them inspected, etc. Then ask if they would do something with the bills if they did real magic, etc. Perform Prophet, turning the ones into millions. Laugh and say, "Of course, nobody can really do that, and this is just an illusion."

Change the millions back into ones, and you're done.

David
Thats definatley a good idea, i picked some up yesterday. And the fake million dollar bills are the same size as the american one dollar bills so it all works nicely.I dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but If you are using your own created paper money you have to be pretty exact in your measurements and cutting or your gonna run into problems in quite a few ways.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
Thats definatley a good idea, i picked some up yesterday. And the fake million dollar bills are the same size as the american one dollar bills so it all works nicely.I dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but If you are using your own created paper money you have to be pretty exact in your measurements and cutting or your gonna run into problems in quite a few ways.

haha, ive been on ebay and done the same thing, apparantly there high quality fakes, all i know is it was 99p for 10 bills! :D
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=330222009180&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

^^ lol, if anyones interested theres the link, oh and they have some awesome lighters... :p

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
kwl, the guy i ordered these from said there pretty realistic in person, im not tryin to convince anyone really, but it could be a fun thing to do paper to millions, say of course, i cant make real money as i would be able to shower in safety again (get some laughs, my own personal line :D) and then turn them back to paper :)

oh and i performed prophet to my mum today, the routine was going smooth, but i slipped a little on the change, but she didnt even notice and i kinda rubbed the bills to make it more magical, and the change back, one handed, was flawless.... needless to say she swore. :p

Mar 29, 2008
good idea to use the million dollar bills, at least if someone tries to grab and run you wont be losing all those hundreds

just ordered some and they look great

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results