PayPal?

Sep 1, 2007
i got a quick question. i just bought distortion and panic about 2 hours ago.

for distortion am i going ot have ot wait til October 1st to get it?

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
i got a quick question. i just bought distortion and panic about 2 hours ago.

for distortion am i going ot have ot wait til October 1st to get it?
If your order went through, then you're getting one! The site will automatically stop Distortion sales once the 300 are gone, so get 'em while you can.

I'm going to merge this thread with the PayPal thread that already exists. I answer this question there. Hope this helps!

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah they said they make this for us, but as it is right now i'm only paying through paypal and moneypayment as i've never seen a magic shop with moneypayment and they not release paypal. I can't buy any of this from this site and then I question the thing that this site is made for 'us'.

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
I had submitted a ticket on the pay-pal question. It was answered with in two hours(now thats fast) I was informed that the company may add it if they see fit. Remember guy's, at the end of the day, it is up to the company to choose which payment method they will allow. Pay-pal can get hectic when there are alot of orders, and pay-pal charges a fee to both seller and buyer.

Sep 30, 2007
I think the point this thread brought up is a crucial one. I don't using anything but paypal to shop online and I won't buy anything from here until it does deal with paypal. I don't buy from Ellusionist for the same reason. Thats also the reason I like penguinmagic, cause it does have paypal. There will be a big increase in sales if paypal is put into the system.

Cam

I found this on the Ellusionist forums (I was a bit surprised to see 'JonRaiker' posted it :p ). It will work for Theory11, too. I've edited and updated it a bit to include the info for Theory11.
JonRaiker said:
1. Login to PayPal.
2. Go here (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/shop/vdebit)
3. Enter "http://www.ellusionist.com/cart/storefront.php" in the right-hand text box (under "ENTER ANY STORE URL") and click "Go". You will need to disable any pop-up blockers for the next screen opens in a pop-up window. EDIT: For Theory11, simply enter http://www.theory11.com
3. Shop!
5. Enter the checkout and review your cart, select shipping, add comments, whatever.
6. Then, for a payment, you will be using a "virtual debit card". This is the same entry boxes as the credit card. Go to the credit card input information section and use the information at the pop-up at the bottom to fill in the required information. Be sure you have enough funds in your PayPal account to do this!
7. Then checkout, and the "virtual debit card" will act as a debit card, paying Ellusionist with funds in your PayPal account.
Basically, you use your Paypal account to create a virtual debit card, and then access the store site through Paypal. The store sees it as a credit or debit card, but the transaction is all done through your Paypal account.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this on the Ellusionist forums (I was a bit surprised to see 'JonRaiker' posted it :p ). It will work for Theory11, too. I've edited and updated it a bit to include the info for Theory11.

Basically, you use your Paypal account to create a virtual debit card, and then access the store site through Paypal. The store sees it as a credit or debit card, but the transaction is all done through your Paypal account.
I've been trying to do this for years, but whenever I do it says "Due to heavy site load, blah blah blah, try again in 24 hours".

Mitchell

Really? Have you tried at different times of the day and stuff like that?

Sorry if it doesn't work and I got anyone's hopes up :p I just found Jon's post and thought I would pass it along.

Sep 2, 2007
I think what works is making a PayPal Virtual Debit Card through the application, and then using it to pay for the goods and services theory11 provides, instead of doing the opposite, by:

1. Logging in to your account.
2. Clicking Profile.
3. Clicking on the PayPal Virtual Debit Card link in the Financial Information column.

I've been trying to do this for years, but whenever I do it says "Due to heavy site load, blah blah blah, try again in 24 hours".

Mitchell

Do you meet the requirements for the PayPal Virtual Debit Card system:

Operating System: Windows 98, ME, 2000, NT, or XP
CPU: 133 MHz or higher
Memory: 128 MB RAM
Hard Disk: 2 MB space available
Internet Connection: 56K modem (Broadband recommended for optimal performance)
Web Browser: IE 5.01 or higher or Firefox v1.5 or higher

Cheers,
JTM

I think what works is making a PayPal Virtual Debit Card through the application, and then using it to pay for the goods and services theory11 provides, instead of doing the opposite, by:

1. Logging in to your account.
2. Clicking Profile.
3. Clicking on the PayPal Virtual Debit Card link in the Financial Information column.

Do you meet the requirements for the PayPal Virtual Debit Card system:

Operating System: Windows 98, ME, 2000, NT, or XP
CPU: 133 MHz or higher
Memory: 128 MB RAM
Hard Disk: 2 MB space available
Internet Connection: 56K modem (Broadband recommended for optimal performance)
Web Browser: IE 5.01 or higher or Firefox v1.5 or higher

Cheers,
JTM
Yep I have all of those specs.

Mitchell

Oct 13, 2007
I have all of those, doesn't work though =/
And it works actually with no url, even not with the offered ones from the drop-down-list.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
This topic hasn't be touched for about 5 months, I'm curious if anyone has tried to new Paypal-Plugin. The virtual card was clearly a 'beta' option. The "Paypal Plug-in" is the new, revised version of the vcard.

Sorry if this has been answered in another thread or something. I'm just curious :)

This topic hasn't be touched for about 5 months, I'm curious if anyone has tried to new Paypal-Plugin. The virtual card was clearly a 'beta' option. The "Paypal Plug-in" is the new, revised version of the vcard.

Sorry if this has been answered in another thread or something. I'm just curious :)
It should work, unfortunately I cannot access the plug-in as it is only available in the United States!

Mitchell

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
same here! i also would love paypal, it seems to be quicker and i'd be fine paying a few dollars extra for security, not that you guys dont its just from a parents perspective... :D

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
So has anyone here been able to confirm that it works? I searched the forums and checked in good detail and I haven't found any posts suggesting that it has in fact worked for them...

I am currently waiting for a transfer fund from my bank account into my paypal account, and once I have the money in there I will test it out with Wayne Houchin's Control. I will let you all know if it works or not. Either way, I still think Theory11 should look into integrating it. As someone here mentioned before, PenguinMagic recently put it into their system (I have purchased items from their site through Paypal successfully), so it isn't impossible or anything. Obviously it requires some good backend scripting to work with the system, but wa007 built this site, and they have a huge reputation within the design/development industry. (I myself am a web designer/developer, so I was pleased to find out who made this site when it was released :) ) I'm sure the reason the site wasn't built with it already available was for security reasons as well as avoiding the potential hassles with Paypal, but there is a huge margin available for younger buyers who only have Paypal available to them because their parents either don't trust credit cards on the internet, or they already have accounts because of eBay for example.

It would be nice to hear from a Staff member if possible, even if it is a statement about why they don't want to use Paypal or something. Theory11 has some incredible tricks and they handle the ethics of selling magic better than pretty much any other site I have ever been to (ellusionist is just as good imo), and the fanbase and sense of community is breath taking, but there is always room for improvement. Hopefully this request can be addressed within the near future, it would open lots of doors for buyers :)

btw, I'm not a little kid or anything, I just prefer Paypal for multiple reasons ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results