Pen/Pencil/Sharpie Switches

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
Does anybody know of any good pencil/pen/sharpie switches that I could use to switch out a straw (also, I could use the bendiness of the straw I'm switching to to make it easier to conceal, if that's an option)? I'd prefer them to be as covert as possible, but I'm also looking for a very visual switch (I want to turn a spiraled striped straw into a candy cane, and hope that already known switches could be adapted to this).

Thanks,
Peter.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Shoot Ogawa has a DVD on wand manipulation including productions, vanishes and changes. I don't own it myself, but I saw him lecture on some of the material and the moves could certainly be adapted to other long thin objects such as pens or straws. In that vein, I imagine that if you research other wand manipulation sources, you'll find similarly suitable techniques.

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
Shoot Ogawa has a DVD on wand manipulation including productions, vanishes and changes. I don't own it myself, but I saw him lecture on some of the material and the moves could certainly be adapted to other long thin objects such as pens or straws. In that vein, I imagine that if you research other wand manipulation sources, you'll find similarly suitable techniques.

Good idea, thanks!

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
It sounds like the flip stick move could help as well.

Yeah, I use it when I perform my version of Dan Hauss's "Stir Crazy" in a routine (first I make the wrapper vanish, then the straw only to reproduce it) so I'm not just saying "Hey, look what I can do" (twists stripes on straw) TADA! By the way, I wanted to switch in a clean straw for the dirty one to had out, this is the reason I am looking for a switch.

Thanks,
Peter.

Jun 27, 2013
If you're trying to transform the straw into a candy cane Johan Stahl has a really good change on his disc sleeveless sleeving

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results