Performance for celebrities!

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Not sure how many of you are Pool/ Billiards fans out there, but this weekend, I watched the All Japan 9-ball championships. Throughout the weekend, I was carrying my cards getting autographs and what not, and a good friend of mine, a player named Ramil "Bebeng" Gallego, introduced me to some of his friends, and I ended up doing a semi-private magic show in front of: The Magician Efren "Bata" Reyes, Jjengo Bustamante, Alex Pagulayan, Antonio Lining, Antonio Gabica, Warren Kiamco, and Ronny Alcano. These are the words top phillipino players, and some of which who are World and US open champions.

After that, I had a chance to perform a bit for Ga-Young Kim, who is ranked #3 in the world on the ladies side. And then I got to show a bit to Charlie Williams, Rodney "the Rocket" Morris, and Mika Immonen, the English speaking group at the tournament.

I never get that nervous performing magic really anymore, but since I am also working hard at becoming a pro pool player, and these were a lot of my idols... I was a wreck. My hands were shaking, my heart was beating fast... I hadn't felt like that since my first magic performance ever. Luckily by about after the first day into the 5 day tournament, I was back to normal.

Mainly I peformed a lot of impromptu bar magic type stuff. ACR, various 2 card transpos, Mneumonica stack (when I had it ready to go), small easy gambling demonstrations, a few in the hand coin routines, crazy man handcuff routines, STS (self tying shoe laces - This hit hard!), Stigmata (also very hard hitting), force and palming routine, etc...

Anyway, just wanted to share a fun experience with the t11 group =)

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
unfortnuately no... I lost my batery charger right before the tournament >_< and since my friends were all professional players, and they always play in these events, they dont really need to bring camers to "capture the memories." No worrkes, I will be back as an official translator next year, and will definitely have a nice video camera!

Sep 25, 2008
Awesome i know everyone you named since i played pool for a living for around 7 years.... Was Johnny Archer or gabe owens there?? I beat gabe in a 300 dollar set before he won the open and was a world beater..
Cool to see other 9 ball players on here. Hows your one pocket game?

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Nope, no Archer or Owen. Not many US players come to the Japan tournaments. Actually, only a few even go to the world pool championships in Taiwan. This year we only had Charlie Williams, Rodney Morris, Thorston Holman, Yuran Cha (korean but lives in US now), and another girl with a weird name haha.

My 1 pocket game is not so good, but I am quite good at bank pool now. In regular 9 I usually play safe, but if I am up in a race to 9 set winning 7-1 or 7-2 or so, I will go for the bank shot.

I just played a race to 7 against Ronnie Alcano tonight... but lost 7-3 >_< I broke and ran 2, then he ran out 5.... I had one more chance, took another game, then broke and scratched in side pocket... then he ran 2 >_< game over.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results