Performing for a girl

Feb 26, 2017
United Kingdom
So, I have this girl at school that I like and my time at school (and hers) is nearly over. We leave school very soon and im going to college in September. I don't know if she likes me as just a friend or anything more, I am very shy and scared to approach her. But she does know I have a crush on her though awhile ago, but we havent talked since because im anxious to go up to her. But I want to perform a trick to her before I say goodbye to her to make a last impression of myself. I'm thinking of what effect to perform on her when I get the courage. I was thinking of either the French Kiss or possibly Anniversary Waltz or both, but I know the latter requires two people and so I thought of my signature and hers together on the card could be a possibility and I also enjoy performing it (Doc eason and Garrett Thomas's version). What trick(s) do you all suggest me perform for her? Thanks in advance

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey Thomas,

In situations like these, I would highly recommend for you to set the magic aside and instead ask her on a date. It's about as simple as I can put it. It would be okay if in this situation it was a complete stranger and both of you know nothing about each other prior, but from what you are saying she has known about you for a little while and if all this time has passed since she has known that you have a crush on her, going up to her out of the blue to show her a magic trick to try and impress her doesn't make much sense. You can't rely on magic to put up a barrier between yourself and confidence. You can't let your magic talk for you in situations like this. From what I've seen, it doesn't have a good success rate and it will hold you back more than it will propel you forward. I'm only going on the info that you have told us, so if you are still incredibly shy and haven't talked to her at all since then, performing a trick for her after all this time is NOT the way to go. The only time this would have a better success rate is if you were an extremely confident and outgoing guy, and if anxiety wouldn't be an issue.

Granted, you can overcome shyness and anxiety by performing more for people, but you will need to do this over and over again to get yourself accustomed to different scenarios and to raise your level of confidence. So what I would recommend for you to do is what I said above: set the magic aside and go up to her confidently with a smile on your face and ask her on a date. If everything goes well, you'll be able to share your magic at a later time.

This was probably not the answer you were looking for but I hope this was able to shed some light on the other side of it.

Feb 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey Thomas,

In situations like these, I would highly recommend for you to set the magic aside and instead ask her on a date. It's about as simple as I can put it. It would be okay if in this situation it was a complete stranger and both of you know nothing about each other prior, but from what you are saying she has known about you for a little while and if all this time has passed since she has known that you have a crush on her, going up to her out of the blue to show her a magic trick to try and impress her doesn't make much sense. You can't rely on magic to put up a barrier between yourself and confidence. You can't let your magic talk for you in situations like this. From what I've seen, it doesn't have a good success rate and it will hold you back more than it will propel you forward. I'm only going on the info that you have told us, so if you are still incredibly shy and haven't talked to her at all since then, performing a trick for her after all this time is NOT the way to go. The only time this would have a better success rate is if you were an extremely confident and outgoing guy, and if anxiety wouldn't be an issue.

Granted, you can overcome shyness and anxiety by performing more for people, but you will need to do this over and over again to get yourself accustomed to different scenarios and to raise your level of confidence. So what I would recommend for you to do is what I said above: set the magic aside and go up to her confidently with a smile on your face and ask her on a date. If everything goes well, you'll be able to share your magic at a later time.

This was probably not the answer you were looking for but I hope this was able to shed some light on the other side of it.
Thank you very much Casey, much appreciated, I will follow your advice, thanks!

Jul 14, 2016
Thank you very much Casey, much appreciated, I will follow your advice, thanks!
Good luck man hope all goes well. Just remember you have nothing to lose and everything to gain: if she says yes then awesome for you if she says no, then don't sweat it there are plenty of fish in the sea. If you never try them you never succeed. Never let the fear of asking a girl out my man trust me i say this from experience. Yiu don't want to go through life thinking what if, life is to short: don't wait for opportunity to come to you you have to go out and get it. Wish you all the best.

Feb 1, 2017
Hey Thomas,

You can tell this man gets all the hunnies.

Oct 9, 2015
Colorado
I agree wtih Casey for the most part , you can share magic with her and stuff but just talk too her like a normal person , dont use magic as a way out , use it as a way through shyness and anxiety

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results