Performing Magic Drunk

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ok...so asyou all know,
today was my birthay....and I just got home from a bar......where i performed some magic for my frineds...

I am totally WASTED right now....but the magic was pretty good ( although I think i flashed on a double lift or something)...

all in all...you should practice your magic so that you can be confident enough to perform it drunk....that's how you know you really have a trick / routine down!

Ok...so asyou all know,
today was my birthay....and I just got home from a bar......where i performed some magic for my frineds...

I am totally WASTED right now....but the magic was pretty good ( although I think i flashed on a double lift or something)...

all in all...you should practice your magic so that you can be confident enough to perform it drunk....that's how you know you really have a trick / routine down!

There are gonna be a couple of jerks who bash you for posting this, but not me!

YAY ALCOHOL!!!! :D

Anthony Bass

D

Deleted member 2755

Haha, Happy Birthday Man. Best Birthdate Ever ;) *Cough* It's my birthday as well *cough*

Well sounds like you had fun, and I edited the title so it made more sense :).

HBD,
-RA69

Well happy birthday to both of you :)

And yes, you know you can do magic when you can do it drunk =P I wouldn't recommend it, but if you can, that just shows how much you've practiced. High Five :)

-Doug

Sep 2, 2007
well its best to be confident no matter what... its the best to perform for drunk people. a simple acr is killer. now performing drunk is a totally different thing. it can boost your confidence but if you are the only one who is drunk, then well... you will end up looking like a nimrod. I guess if you are sticking to a persona then its all good.

either way happy birthday phil and i guess ra69. :cool:

Sep 9, 2007
lol. happy b-day.

I actually practice both sober and slightly intoxicated (say, while watching the superbowl with a buddy or two and cracking a few back) because i know that often I will perform out at clubs and pubs while I'm out partying. Generally, I find I'm a bit looser and that my fingers are less sensitive, so I use different methods for double lifts and simpler forces.

while I don't condone getting drunk, i will say the spectators almost expect you to fail, so it kinda makes you feel that much more awesome when you do it seeming to be without any semblance of co-ordination (even though you're doing things perfectly all along).

youg'ns on here, please follow your local alcohol laws and drink responsibly when you are of legal age.

Really....you might be a bit tipsy, but if you were really drunk, you wouldn't be writing this. Anyone that's actually "been there, done that" will know what I'm talking about.

Personally, I hate getting trashed. I've had my fair share of it, and it's not all it's cracked up to be. When I drink, I prefer to stop before I get to the point of no return, as the next day is never fun. Being only 18 myself, if I'm going to a party where I'm spending the night, I'll catch a ride or have someone drop me off. Just one less thing I have to worry about.

Anyways, I've have a few drinks tonight myself, and many more to come in the next few days. I'm sure Jack the Mod knows what I'm talking about.....:mad:

Night all.
Steve

P.S. Don't come on here tomorrow and say you don't remember writing this. I doubt you're flat out drunk. Period. Nothing personal, just haven't had a great night.

Sep 1, 2007
Happy Birthday Man!!!
If you know the moves well enough its possible to get by performing when drunk. Last that happend I actually impressed myself the next morning. I was doing a coin routine and for a finale there was a moth flying around in the house, I grabbed very inconspicuously and carefully while everyone was focusing on the coin. The final sleight ended up turning a coin into a moth. Got some great reactions that night :)

D

Deleted member 2755

I don't think that we should be promoting drinking in a forum where the majority of the members are 18 and under. :) Although I know that I'm a terrible magician when drunk. D'Lites and alcohol don't really mix.

Happy hangover!

Mitchell

Let's not talk about our drinking habits in here Mitchell. ;) Although... I guess I can say I'm the same as you.:p

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
guys
serisouly
stop talking about drinking on a forum where A LOT of the members are under 18
serisouly......

*takes stick out of butt*

HA HA HA, niiiiiiiiiiiice. i was hanging out with a whole bunch of magicians one time, one of them started drinking and tried to do a card trick, he did the trick perfect, slurring his words and all, it was REALLY funny
HE EVEN PICK POCKETED SOMEONE DRUNK, he was hobbling and just did it!!!
HE HAS NO RECOLLECTION OF DOING ANY OF THIS!!!

happy hang over (i like that)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 9, 2007
Really....you might be a bit tipsy, but if you were really drunk, you wouldn't be writing this. Anyone that's actually "been there, done that" will know what I'm talking about.

Personally, I hate getting trashed. I've had my fair share of it, and it's not all it's cracked up to be. When I drink, I prefer to stop before I get to the point of no return, as the next day is never fun.

Then you should of seen me at my company Christmas party, or at New Years Eve.

I think there's a level between "tipsy" and "trashed" where I usually hang out. I'm far beyond being just slightly drunk (what i would consider "tipsy") but not to the point where I'm hurling everywhere or passed out (what i would call trashed).

being in that area is totally about knowing your limits, i agree, but trust me, I've drunk dialed and e-mailed some pretty coherent sounding things in that state a couple of times.

there's actually a small part of new years eve (in montreal) that I don't remember that involves picking up a russian girl and conversing french with our cab driver (and anything else that happened until the next morning). My friends didn't know I was THAT drunk until they had to tell me what happened the next morning, though they did sense something was a little off (especially after the french, which I'm normally not confident enough to converse in.)

I'm glad someone brought up pickpocketing, I always wanted to "fun" pickpocket someone. FUN being the key word and the keys are things like cell phones, keys, one dollar if you know its just chilling in one pocket by it self. But i know I would not have the confidence unless I was slightly intoxicated. I have never been "drunk" even though I am of legal age, I just dont get the point, so with that being said, 21 and up means 21 and up. I hate kids that just drink to drink to be "cool" because when you lose control, its not cool at all and you end up punching a girl.... happened to a friend's girlfriend of mine. NOT COOL. drink responsibly and no matter what anyone else says good post.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ok...so I was at the point where I was beyond tipsy, but not puking smashed....

This morning I woke up SUPER dizzy.....which is the worst feeling in the world!!!!!!!

I am far over the legal drinking age, it's sort of depressing.....

SO all the young people on this forum....take my advice and DO NOT DRINK!!!!! It might seem like fun at the time, but the next morning is horrible!

Nov 25, 2007
UK
Performing for drunk people whilst you are sober can be a confidence boost as it gets you used to performing for strangers. But performing when drunk isnt the best idea in the world. Ive done it before and decided not to attempt anything more complicated than a couple of basic forces or a double lift or two.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I don't think that we should be promoting drinking in a forum where the majority of the members are 18 and under.

There are a number of conditions under which it is perfectly legal and acceptable for someone under the age of 18 to be drunk.

Like being outside of the U.S., for example. There's quite a few Brits, Kiwis, and Aussies about.

Sep 1, 2007
Personally and yes call me the negative Nancy on the forums but all the exposure and youtube monkeys can drink at whatever age they want. I don't care.

Maybe they'll drop magic as their hobby and pick up something their good at, like drinking.

for all the people that are serious about magic, don't drink.

I live in the U.S. I'm 16 years old (Jr. in high school) and I have managed to resist all the "pressures" and "influence" (because there really isn't any, it's just an excuse for adults who don't want to admit their son or daughter is incompetent) and have never drank alcohol or smoked anything my entire life, and plan on continuing to do so for the rest of my life.

so don't smoke or drink kids, and you'll look as sexy as me one day :cool:

~Beans

Nov 25, 2007
UK
There are a number of conditions under which it is perfectly legal and acceptable for someone under the age of 18 to be drunk.

Like being outside of the U.S., for example. There's quite a few Brits, Kiwis, and Aussies about.

The legal age for drinking in the UK is actually 18, and im fairly sure it is in Australia too. Of course, people under 18 do still get drunk, but law changes recently means that it doesnt happen as much in bars, pubs and clubs any more, but more so on parks and street corners after theyve talked people that are old enough to buy it for them (or just stolen it from their parents).

Basically, if you do drink.... dont do drunk. If you do drunk..... dont do magic......

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results